MG4 Software Update Thread

Just got mine updated today to latest SW rev. and so far (touch wood) seems improvement.
Background - just got my Trophy (called Exclusive in Ireland) a week ago, it's 2nd ver (18" wheels, rear wiper, etc), and generally very happy with it, bar the few SW niggles i.e; Bluetooth pairing issues, snappy LKA, touchscreen laggy and (one I haven't seen mentioned previously) no online connectivity for iSmart/weather updates/nav. Car came with R33 installed, dealer today installed R46, said he'd just got it a few days ago and it should/might sort some of my issues (I'm hoping I'm not guinea pig as haven't seen any mention of others with this latest rev. He mentioned the R40 seemed short lived, so possibly buggy)
Good news is connectivity immediately sorted for iSmart etc, phone also paired ok and so far hasn't needed re-pairing (prev needed to, every time I got into car), don't notice any change to LKA or laggy screen unfortunately, but the BT and iSmart were my main bugbears. Additionally it has the newer AC page (and although the graphics do look like they were done by a 12 yo, it seems to work fine, and defo easier to hit correct button while driving due to their size), also notice slight tweaks to battery management page, overall so far seems improvement, will see in coming days if any negatives side affects with the new rev.
One other point, for update he didn't connect via laptop to SAIC server, just had newest rev on USB dongle, installed in a few minutes, perhaps maybe didn't need to confirm ver as car so new.
Hello mate. Just wondering out of interest when did you order yours? I ordered a LR start of June due to be delivered in late September and am still waiting on a response from the dealer as to if it will be the 2nd version/phase 2 LR or not. I am guessing there is not much difference in supply between Ireland and UK?

You will only be able to see the infotainment version, unfortunately you won't know what updates you have for all the other modules, it won't be the first time the a dealer has told a customer there car is fully updated when it quite clearly wasn't.
Importance of a good dealer
Unless you look in the engineer menu, 5 tap software version 200519

Unless you look in the engineer menu, 5 tap software version 200519
The only way you would know though is if you had a list of the most up to date module numbers (and there are a good few) and if you were able to cross reference them against what you can see

Hello mate. Just wondering out of interest when did you order yours? I ordered a LR start of June due to be delivered in late September and am still waiting on a response from the dealer as to if it will be the 2nd version/phase 2 LR or not. I am guessing there is not much difference in supply between Ireland and UK?
There was a price increase in April, with the Phase2 model being announced. All that were ordered after that (which paid the increased price) will be Phase 2.
Some people who ordered before that actually got Phase2 as it seems MG factories started making Phase2 before all Phase1 orders were made. By my reckoning, they had stopped making the Phase1 models in May.
You will have a Phase2 model if you ordered in June.

There was a price increase in April, with the Phase2 model being announced. All that were ordered after that (which paid the increased price) will be Phase 2.
Some people who ordered before that actually got Phase2 as it seems MG factories started making Phase2 before all Phase1 orders were made. By my reckoning, they had stopped making the Phase1 models in May.
You will have a Phase2 model if you ordered in June.
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy. Am I correct in thinking that LR phase 2 gets everything the Trophy gets except the 18” wheels? I’m finding that there is no “official” posts about phase 2 mg2 cars anywhere. It would have been nice to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

download.png

download (1).png

Mine has 3 phase charging but I only have a single phase cable, left over from my Gen 1 ZS and I'm damned if I'm going to fork out for a new cable that I may never use, just to get 50% faster charging on AC.

I needed to buy a Type 2 cable anyway, and I was lucky (early) enough to still be able to get a 3-phase cable for £80 via the Tesla app. Granted I can't use 3-phase in my SE SR, but who's to say when (if) I'll change car, and that the next one doesn't support 22kW AC charging? :)

Hello, I'd ordered my Exclusive model (UK Trophy) back in February, was expecting a ver1 but as delivery delayed until July I luckily ended up with a ver2 ( for ver1 price), I think from now all will be ver2, unless ex stock and offered at a reduced price.
I believe the supply to Ireland comes into Europe through Rotterdam, I'm not sure which route the UK gets its supply through. Also I think the UK began importing MG4's about 6 months before Ireland so we're playing catch up anyway, I do know we got a large shipment in June/July with more due in August.
Good luck with it, it's worth waiting for.

Hello, I'd ordered my Exclusive model (UK Trophy) back in February, was expecting a ver1 but as delivery delayed until July I luckily ended up with a ver2 ( for ver1 price), I think from now all will be ver2, unless ex stock and offered at a reduced price.
I believe the supply to Ireland comes into Europe through Rotterdam, I'm not sure which route the UK gets its supply through. Also I think the UK began importing MG4's about 6 months before Ireland so we're playing catch up anyway, I do know we got a large shipment in June/July with more due in August.
Good luck with it, it's worth waiting for.
UK cars arrive at Portbury (Bristol). Our first cars began appearing around September, I think?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back