MG4 Software Update Thread

What issues have you got? If everything is working well enough for what you need leave it alone as there's nothing to gain and the update may result in issues that you don't have at the moment.

What issues have you got? If everything is working well enough for what you need leave it alone as there's nothing to gain and the update may result in issues that you don't have at the moment.
The car is now a week old... so the list might get bigger sooner, I had only a few issues mainly with Android Auto:
  • Android Auto sometimes does not load and the screen stays black. Have to do an infotainment restart to work.
  • Android Auto very very laggy. Scrolling the page is with very painful. Not a good experience. Didn't find a fix for Android Auto even with different cables/phones. Saying that, the main OS is much snappier, although the touch response is a bit laggy, and could be better.
  • System theme is set to Auto but is mostly on dark mode even in the morning when it's sunny and I'm driving outside.

The car is now a week old... so the list might get bigger sooner, I had only a few issues mainly with Android Auto:
  • Android Auto sometimes does not load and the screen stays black. Have to do an infotainment restart to work.
  • Android Auto very very laggy. Scrolling the page is with very painful. Not a good experience. Didn't find a fix for Android Auto even with different cables/phones. Saying that, the main OS is much snappier, although the touch response is a bit laggy, and could be better.
  • System theme is set to Auto but is mostly on dark mode even in the morning when it's sunny and I'm driving outside.
The first two issues may well be fixed by an update but who knows!

I would think the last problem is due to the auto lights coming on and changing the display, there's a thread about that elsewhere.

The dealer has been in touch with MG HQ and they are sending over screen shots of what you have to do to get left hand star button to work again - on Monday !! Will update when I get the info !!
For the left- hand star steering wheel button there is - believe it or not - a software update to get it working - car going in next week to have this additional update sorted !!

After having my infotainment update from R30 to R33 about a month ago, I'm plagued with the Bluetooth pairing issue. I have about 10 MG bluetooth devices on my android phone!

Car is going back in today. I'm hoping they can update to R46 like others appear to have had which clears this issue. Phase 1 car here.
Did update to R46 fix BT?

Did update to R46 fix BT?
They didn't update to R46. Said R33 was latest available on their computer. They've raised a case with MG.

They factory reset my head unit and reloaded R33. Issues persists. Reported back to dealer.

Pixel 7 Pro for me and pixel 7 for the wife. Both do it.

I had this problem with my 2 week old trophy buying a better usb cable done the trick

I had this problem with my 2 week old trophy buying a better usb cable done the trick
Can i ask what type of usb cables you bought?

I tested 7 cables I had at home, I seen no real improvement apart from less black screens for a particular cable (black screen still happens once every 3 days or so).

Trophy Bluetooth software update R46
So after owning a Trophy for only 1 week like so many other people experienced Bluetooth dropping out all the time I arranged to update my software from R40 to R46 and went into my local dealership to sort.
They had to then contact Mg uk to check if my vehicle had an update available as dealership were unaware that there was a further update past R40.
I was informed that there was an update for my vehicle even though it was the latest head unit.
Technician then struggled for an hour and a half trying to install it onto my vehicle with a USB dongle. Failed miserably so having to go back at a later date so they can have vehicle for longer and can speak further with Mg tech uk team to resolve issue as Mg said that my vehicle could be upgraded but technician unable to do it!
Tech guy really helpful but he was as frustrated as I was as they said that mg are really bad about updating dealerships with what updates are available for vehicles.
Anyone else experiencing these issues with updates available but can’t be installed?

To find out the dealer sent my vin to uk mg team and they ran it through there systems and came out with what upgrades were available.

I suggest for anyone wanting to know if there vehicle can have one contact your dealership with your vin and ask them to contact the tech team and if one is available get them to send it first to dealership before taking your car in as you may have a lengthy wait otherwise as by all accounts they are known for taking ages to do so.

Trophy Bluetooth software update R46
So after owning a Trophy for only 1 week like so many other people experienced Bluetooth dropping out all the time I arranged to update my software from R40 to R46 and went into my local dealership to sort.
They had to then contact Mg uk to check if my vehicle had an update available as dealership were unaware that there was a further update past R40.
I was informed that there was an update for my vehicle even though it was the latest head unit.
Technician then struggled for an hour and a half trying to install it onto my vehicle with a USB dongle. Failed miserably so having to go back at a later date so they can have vehicle for longer and can speak further with Mg tech uk team to resolve issue as Mg said that my vehicle could be upgraded but technician unable to do it!
Tech guy really helpful but he was as frustrated as I was as they said that mg are really bad about updating dealerships with what updates are available for vehicles.
Anyone else experiencing these issues with updates available but can’t be installed?

To find out the dealer sent my vin to uk mg team and they ran it through there systems and came out with what upgrades were available.

I suggest for anyone wanting to know if there vehicle can have one contact your dealership with your vin and ask them to contact the tech team and if one is available get them to send it first to dealership before taking your car in as you may have a lengthy wait otherwise as by all accounts they are known for taking ages to do so.
Thanks for this, good to know.

I got the below e-mail from MG but it sounds like it is not as straight forward as it appears...

Thank you for your further correspondence.

I can confirm that the update has now been launched and is ready to be uploaded via our dealer network.

This should rectify the mentioned issue with Bluetooth and rectify concerns with Apple/Android car play.

Regards

Customer Experience Manager

Aftersales

MG Motor UK Limited, Lowhill Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham, B31 2BQ

I had a call from my dealer today confirming an update for the infotainment and fcim module which MG have advised they install.

I'm booked in to have this applied. Will report back what is changed and what impact it has.

MY23 with wiper. I’m in NZ, the 64kw “trophy” is called the “essence” here but same spec. Trying to figure out the software version, doing a test drive. How do you access the settings menu to find the screen with the versions? Everything else seems pretty straightforward, one pedal driving is pretty smooth, and surprisingly LKA hasn’t thrown any fits… but how do I access the settings where I can see the version numbers? Thanks

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back