MG4 Spotted! : Was it you?

Just seen my first MG4 that isn't mine!

Holborn Blue SE spotted driving north on Newington Road, Edinburgh, at about 4.30 this afternoon. The car looked to be an absolute twin of my own. The driver wouldn't have noticed me, because I was in a no 37 bus travelling south to pick up my car which was parked in a side street just outside the city restricted parking zone.

For a moment, when I saw that car, I thought, good grief, has someone nicked my car? I was slightly relieved to see Caliban neatly parked in Gordon Terrace exactly where I left him.

Just seen my first MG4 that isn't mine!

Holborn Blue SE spotted driving north on Newington Road, Edinburgh, at about 4.30 this afternoon. The car looked to be an absolute twin of my own. The driver wouldn't have noticed me, because I was in a no 37 bus travelling south to pick up my car which was parked in a side street just outside the city restricted parking zone.

For a moment, when I saw that car, I thought, good grief, has someone nicked my car? I was slightly relieved to see Caliban neatly parked in Gordon Terrace exactly where I left him.
I haven’t seen many round my way since I joined the forum I have only seen 2 definitely and another one maybe as I wasn’t close enough to confirm.The definite ones were a black one and a orange one. The one I couldn’t confirm for definite looked to be a Holborn Blue one.

I was in a convoy of MG4’s this morning on Ecclesall Road in Sheffield this morning - well there were two of us - both in blue Trophy’s. I pulled alongside and we exchanged a thumbs up.

It was good to follow one and see what other drivers see when following me. They look so good from the back.

So if it was anyone on here then hello.

Shout out to the black 4 that I pass on Newmarket Rd in the morning, and my white twin that I've passed in the midst of the a11 roadworks a couple evenings this week.

Shout out to the black 4 that I pass on Newmarket Rd in the morning, and my white twin that I've passed in the midst of the a11 roadworks a couple evenings this week.
Started to see one or two more round my way now. Saw a couple of trophy orange ones and even managed to talk to one of the owners of these yesterday as she was parked in the same car park as me opposite the Costa I frequent. As I was just about to drive away I saw her approaching the Trophy so I stopped and had a brief chat.

2 days ago I was passing through the town next to ours and I saw a Camden Grey Trophy coming the other way which is the same colour and spec I am hoping to be fetching home from the dealership in a couple of weeks.

So yes they are now spreading into our area.

I have crossed a red one in Ely (lady driving), and a Grey somewhere near (guy with beard)...
Twice already an orange volcano ending in Y also.

Last edited:
It's the first time since owning the Elise that I feel like I'm back in some kind of driving community 😄 Any idea why this is, because they're new? Quirky? Relatively rare, for now?

It's the first time since owning the Elise that I feel like I'm back in some kind of driving community 😄 Any idea why this is, because they're new? Quirky? Relatively rare, for now?
They are an accessible disrupter in the market and a joy to drive so I think that has just initiated some enthusiasm.

Quick, accessible, good value and fun to drive.

Shout out to the white 72 plate SE SR on the A419. We convoyed, we exchanged places but alas I feel you didn’t appreciate the situation as I did but I respect your choice of car.

Happy motoring.

Blue 23 plate Trophy spotted near Waitrose in Chester heading out to Vicars Cross this evening. The blue looks very nice !

Spotted a Blue MG4 travelling up a local Birmingham suburb highstreet, but what stood out on this one to make it worth mentioning was that it had obvious Orange brake calipers front and rear visible through what I assume would need to be alloys for them to be so apparent in motion at a distance. Didn't have time to whip my phone out to grab a pic but either someone's modified MG4 or first sighting of an acutal MG4 dual motor out and about!?!

Spotted my first MG4, today in my area. Shame the driver can’t follow road signs, they’ve let the side down

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    771.7 KB · Views: 115

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member