MG4 Spotted! : Was it you?

Spotted another blue today in Edinburgh city centre, at about 12 noon, going the other way on Queen Street. I waved but it was probably too quick for them to see.

That'll maybe be the blue I spotted at Hillend a few weeks ago, which wasn't you. It wasn't me, because my car has only done the run to the Co-op today, which is so close I'd have done it on my bike if it hadn't been raining.

It seems I'm about to see a new Trophy on a regular basis. My optician, who lives very close to me, had my glasses in for repair. She came round to my house and popped them through my letter-box. Shortly afterwards she emailed me saying she'd seen my MG4 in my driveway and as she and her husband had pretty much made up their minds to get a Trophy, what could I tell her?

It seems I'm about to see a new Trophy on a regular basis. My optician, who lives very close to me, had my glasses in for repair. She came round to my house and popped them through my letter-box. Shortly afterwards she emailed me saying she'd seen my MG4 in my driveway and as she and her husband had pretty much made up their minds to get a Trophy, what could I tell her?
:cool: A couple of months ago, I saw a lady driving a Blue MG4 out of my local filling station (it has an Amazon Pickup point, so she wasn't there for the fuel :ROFLMAO:) I asked her if she was happy - she was ecstatic and bent my ear for 15 minutes! I went from there straight to the local MG dealer and placed an order for a Camden Grey*. Now waiting, reading up on everything, and watching YouTube vids like mad!

*Colour anxiety now - I love the Orange, but that maybe doesn't suit my age (78 next week), also loving the Blue more and more... Grey is surely more classy? (Sorry Teams Orange/Blue!)

*Colour anxiety now - I love the Orange, but that maybe doesn't suit my age (78 next week), also loving the Blue more and more... Grey is surely more classy? (Sorry Teams Orange/Blue!)
You obviously haven't seen a Dynamic Red one in the flesh otherwise you'd have even more anxiety :ROFLMAO:

I just asked my optician what colour she's going for, and she said blue. So Caliban will have a not-quite-twin. Neither of us likes the orange at all, and my other favoured colour is the red.

:cool: A couple of months ago, I saw a lady driving a Blue MG4 out of my local filling station (it has an Amazon Pickup point, so she wasn't there for the fuel :ROFLMAO:) I asked her if she was happy - she was ecstatic and bent my ear for 15 minutes! I went from there straight to the local MG dealer and placed an order for a Camden Grey*. Now waiting, reading up on everything, and watching YouTube vids like mad!

That's the thing. It's too easy to get sucked into obsessing about undertrays and AC noise and USB players that don't work and radios that do (even when you don't want them) and cars that lock you in, and you forget what a great car it is to drive, and its many virtues.

The orange is over-rated. Trust me. Looks dull when it's dusty.

1691934872468.png

Seriously, who looks smarter there?

That's the thing. It's too easy to get sucked into obsessing about undertrays and AC noise and USB players that don't work and radios that do (even when you don't want them) and cars that lock you in, and you forget what a great car it is to drive, and its many virtues.

View attachment 19566

The orange one? :D

The orange one because the driver was able to park properly...? :)

I knew someone was going to bring that up! That was the third charger I'd tried, because the card readers were acting up. I ended up facing the wrong way in the access road and squeezed in as best I could given that I was getting the evil eye from someone in an ICE car coming the other way.

View attachment 19566

Subjective. My Tango looks different every time. Rain, sun, overcast, clean, dirty, always looks different. And always gets a comment when on my drive via the postie lads and lasses, or the plethora of delivery drivers.
as I say, subjective, but I do disagree with you, the Tangoa looks better than the Smurf. I too have had the pleasure of parking my Tango, adjacent to a Smurf.
clearly, this is my own opinion. Pretty much mute point, as thanks to this place, I will only have my TT for the next 18 months tops. As I am pretty much sold on the BMW i4 e40 next 😁👍🍷🍷🌹

Moot point. Just saying.

I get lots of admiring comments about the blue, too. But as you say, it's entirely subjective. It would be really boring if all cars on the road were exactly the same colour.

Enjoy youe Beamer!

The MG4 must be getting popular, I spotted 4 on the way home today on the M8! I overtook one blue (and waved) going east at about 5:35pm, almost immediately saw another blue going the other way, then about ten minutes later saw an orange and a red going the other way too about a minute apart!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back