Mg4 trophy sales drop like a stone!

The Atto has a drag coefficient of 0.29cd, which is pretty damned good.
Same as the latest Vauxhall corsa and not much worse than the MG4 (0.27 to 0.285 depending on model)
The front of a car is only part of the aerodynamics story, how it ‘leaves’ the air behind it is a huge part too.
I'm guessing the trophy rear wing is probably the main reason for the extra 0.015, and why the stated range is less than the LR SE

Can I ask where these numbers are from? It's quite nice to compare between models, I guess frontal area also counts for a lot as well, it would be nice if they had the info on frontal area also as this is also nice to know.

Firstly those recommendations are from some time ago and made before the Byd was available. The price difference is only £800 and for that you get a full panoramic sunroof not a little sunroof and a Heat pump, which will give a much better range in the winter. Just those two additions over the trophy make it the sensible choice but add in a much better interior, alloy wheels without some horrible plastic cover and more importantly a car without a ton of problems and safety issues. You’d have to be a complete numpty to purchase an mg4 to save £800
The BYD is a completely unproven car. It might be great and it might be awful, it might have a ton of issues, it might have none. Some will like it, some will hate it, but to call people numpties for not buying it is massively premature.

You also get rust for your £800 more....

It would appear you also get rust with your MG4 after Macadoodles discovery.

The BYD is certainly we'll specced and it's a bonus to see a more affordable car coming with a heat pump as standard but it is not a like for like comparison (small family hatch v SUV)

Atto 3 is better priced in UK than in Norway at least.

Here we have MG 4 luxury ( trophy with heat pump) for 346 300 NOK. BYD atto 3 is priced at 399000 NOK for base model or 429 000 NOK for the top version with larger infotainment screen etc

Atto 3 is priced similar to Renault Megane e-tech, and I'd argue that megane is the better of those two.

And Tesla model Y SR is priced at 430 000 NOK, I find it hard to not spend the little extra for that.

Well, the MG4 drives and handles better than the atto 3. And it looks better in my opinion.

But interior is way better in the atto 3, that is for sure.

Both have buggy chinese software/infotainment.

Both has their own issues. There has been reports on early rust on atto 3 for example.

And for the Fisker..... we all know that in the end with all additions you want, it won't be 36k!
Yes interior of 4 is dreadful. Not a good place to be and terrible interior styling. I accept EVs and love my ZS EV, but why the **** do we have to also have the crap interiors in nearly ALL EVs. Everything on a touch sensitive cental screen. Not at all intuitive, in fact a DANGEROUS DISTRACTION to use, plus looks really cheap and nasty. All started by Tesla, they've got a lot to answer for.

Yes interior of 4 is dreadful. Not a good place to be and terrible interior styling. I accept EVs and love my ZS EV, but why the **** do we have to also have the crap interiors in nearly ALL EVs. Everything on a touch sensitive cental screen. Not at all intuitive, in fact a DANGEROUS DISTRACTION to use, plus looks really cheap and nasty. All started by Tesla, they've got a lot to answer for.
Completely disagree.
The MG4 interior is perfectly adequate. And the ergonomics are actually pretty good.
Do I take it that you are not an owner of this car?

I've been saying since the MG4 came out that it would be my next EV but with second hand prices dropping I'm now considering a Tesla Model 3. Low mileage 2-3 year old models are about the same price as the MG4 Trophy and have a quoted range of 340 miles. OK you won't have the benefit of a 7 year warranty but you probably get more bells and whistles.

Any one have any thoughts?

2 year old model 3 is better still than most of the new EVs, if you don't mind a saloon and the size.
I think it was 21 plates when heat pumps were added.

2 year old model 3 is better still than most of the new EVs, if you don't mind a saloon and the size.
I think it was 21 plates when heat pumps were added.
The added range and access to the supercharger network are the plus points, although even the MG4 Trophy would be a big improvement on the MG5 SR.

We usually take a trip to France once or twice a year and having something with more range would be a bonus.

A Tesla Model 3 long range would knock 2h30 off the journey time and the MG4 2 hours.

We are travelling from South Wales to the south of France,

If the dreadfully old fashioned interior of the ZS is your bag, then any up-to-date EV is going to disappoint.
Trouble for you is what you’re going to do when it comes to replacing the ZSEV.
No one is doing instrument binacles, small low-level screens and loads of push buttons any more.

What utter nonsense, we preferred the MG4's interior to the competition and find it a very nice place to be. I accept different people will prefer different interiors but to label it terrible is terrible! Yes the trend towards touch screens has its problems but they do declutter the car.

What utter nonsense, we preferred the MG4's interior to the competition and find it a very nice place to be. I accept different people will prefer different interiors but to label it terrible is terrible! Yes the trend towards touch screens has its problems but they do declutter the car.
To be fair that is the posters opinion just as yours is "theirs is utter nonsense"

I agree re the direction interiors are heading but I do prefer the set up I have with some physical buttons from a safety, practicality and conveyance point of view

Ah sarcasm the lowest for of wit, as stated by Oscar Wilde.
Definitely not the highest form of intelligence in this case😉

Ah sarcasm the lowest for of wit, as stated by Oscar Wilde.
Definitely not the highest form of intelligence in this case😉
I thought it would be beyond you. Never mind, you have other redeeming features. 😉

I agree re the direction interiors are heading but I do prefer the set up I have with some physical buttons from a safety, practicality and conveyance point of view
Yes, though I am not sure 6 stalks (is it 5 or 6?) is the answer either! 😁

Yes, though I am not sure 6 stalks (is it 5 or 6?) is the answer either! 😁
3 stalks actually, there are two regen padals, again very helpful and practical and a controller for the radio/music controls which probably isn't needed as the Google infotainment system is excellent and it can all be done by voice commands

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back