Mg4 trophy sales drop like a stone!

From my experience, more 18-25 males without kids would go for the Cupra Born if they wanted an EV, rather than a Tesla with costly insurance and higher purchase price.
Tesla's are the more likely choice EV for 25+ males especially with family, if budget allows.
The fiat 500e or Abarth 500e could fit the 18-25 demographic, more females seem to drive the fiat 500 petrol models so this might follow with the EV.

I'm pushing 30,M, with 2 kids under 7 and the MG4 Trophy will be my first EV (collect it this week!!) and first brand new car for a number of years, since I had a 15' plate Mazda 6 2.2 which was very nice. I've been driving a MK3 Honda CR-V EX Diesel for a number of years and it's been great. I use it as a van which I'm going to miss with the 4.

But.. I would have a Tesla Model S or X if I could justify it (I love them) and had the finances set up for it. Fact of the matter is the MG4 seems to be a great value for money car, for a first EV, which drives nice, and when everything works as it should - has everything you could need from a brand new EV.
I think that you’ve made a good choice.

I think I’ve ruled out the MG4 as we need the boot space. The MG5 can just about cope when we go away so think we might struggle with the MG4.

I think I’ve ruled out the MG4 as we need the boot space. The MG5 can just about cope when we go away so think we might struggle with the MG4.
Yeah it's not the biggest, actually the smallest out of the family ev hatchbacks. Fine if there is only 2 of you

Remember the 5 isn’t an estate.
The seats don’t go flat and there’s a big lip to get stuff over.
It’s an extended hatchback rather than an estate.

Yeah it's not the biggest, actually the smallest out of the family ev hatchbacks. Fine if there is only 2 of you
This is my only worry about coming from the Honda CR-V to the 4, but my concerns have been almost quelled by the fact if you use material bags instead of hard suitcases, you can make better use of the space, from what I've read and seen online.

I'm hopeful, anyway. But 95+% of the time it will be plenty big enough for a family of 4, IMO.

Up until just over 5 years ago I had a Golf GT (diesel) ... space-wise in the boot the MG4 is quite similar. And (to me) that's the market segment the MG4 is aiming at - the small-medium hatchback like the Golf, Focus, Astra etc.

What utter nonsense, we preferred the MG4's interior to the competition and find it a very nice place to be. I accept different people will prefer different interiors but to label it terrible is terrible! Yes the trend towards touch screens has its problems but they do declutter the car.
The interior of the ZS is by no means cluttered. The interior of the 4 is spartan and cheap feeling and it is the touch screen that is cluttered. BTW the touch screen needs to be operated with the left hand which must people who are right handed find difficult to operate with the precision needed.

The interior of the ZS is by no means cluttered. The interior of the 4 is spartan modern and cheap sleek feeling and it is the touch screen that is cluttered well organised. BTW the touch screen needs to be operated with the left hand which must most people who are right handed find difficult no problem to operate with the precision needed.
Fixed it for you. 😉

The iPhone is a touch screen - they’ve not been popular either…
I think that you’re confusing minimalistic with cheap. But hey-ho it’s all about taste and opinion.

I think that you’re confusing minimalistic with cheap. But hey-ho it’s all about taste and opinion.
Indeed, the world has moved on.

I think you are correct and the MG4 manages to fulfill both of those 😉

OOHH look everyone, its another 'edgy' troll comment from Leni16 designed to do nothing other than draw attention to himself.
Nothing going on in the oh-so-much-better Megane forum for you to troll Leni ?
Oh look it's another random giving out the troll comments as a comeback to what was obviously a tongue in cheek comment.

At least you will be able to feel all good inside that you got to call out the troll online. Speaks volumes that you started your sentence with "ooh look everyone"
Give yourself a wee thumbs up in the mirror, well done

E6BCB363-0504-925A-59B21FF159F747C6.jpg

Leni says "Hi"

Oh look it's another random giving out the troll comments as a comeback to what was obviously a tongue in cheek comment.

At least you will be able to feel all good inside that you got to call out the troll online. Speaks volumes that you started your sentence with "ooh look everyone"
Give yourself a wee thumbs up in the mirror, well done
Open wound Leni ?

Despite owning one, I think MG deserve to get a bloody nose sometime soon.
If their customer service was proactive and you felt that they actually wanted to help solve the teething problems with their cars, I would be more inclined to cut them some slack as there are issues with most complex new products.

' Hide and deny' is pretty much their MO unfortunately, they need a reality check.
I think you are referring to a dealer issue as my delaer has been brilliant over many many years and nevers tries to "hide and dey".

OOHH look everyone, its another 'edgy' troll comment from Leni16 designed to do nothing other than draw attention to himself.
Nothing going on in the oh-so-much-better Megane forum for you to troll Leni ?
I don't agree that Leni16 is a troll. He often helps people quite a bit with data and a different view. We often have disagreements but I have never found his arguments to be without basis, even when I really don't agree.

He likes banter and so do some of the rest of us. Personally I think he gets the balance about right and doesn't push it too far.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back