MG4 vs approved Tesla M3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtually all complaints addressed by OP are solved by the Trophy model.

And WBAC screw you over.

However i sold a car using motorway 6 months ago. It’s exactly as they describe the process, no hidden charges and i got 10800 compared to the 9000 WBAC offered.

Only thing to look out for is the actual dealer collects and pays you on the day and they might tweak a bit off if they see issues.

I still got 1500 more tho!

So WBAC “screw you over”, then you go on to give an example of motorway screwing you over… :ROFLMAO:
FWIW I think people allow WBAC to screw then over by being dishonest about the condition or just too plain stupid to fix minor blemishes themselves.
They can’t make problems up, so don’t give them an excuse.

This "MG4s are worthless" is a complete delusion.

On autotrader the cheapest used MG4 of any variant is £24,990. They are selling like hot cakes and people are switching to other brands because the wait to get a new one is too long. My dealer says it is the best business they've ever had alongside the HS.

MG has just raised their PCP MGFV, they are not going to do that if the cars won't be worth anything in 3/4 years time.

£6k is an extreme example
That’s not been my experience, sold many cars in the last few years and was always looking at a big difference. Always found private selling easy. Stick it on Autotrader and I don’t think I’ve waited more than 7 days to sell. I do keep my cars in great shape, perhaps that helps 🤷🏼‍♂️

That’s not been my experience, sold many cars in the last few years and was always looking at a big difference. Always found private selling easy. Stick it on Autotrader and I don’t think I’ve waited more than 7 days to sell. I do keep my cars in great shape, perhaps that helps 🤷🏼‍♂️
Certainly, and it should be a popular model. Otherwise time will tell (or sell ;-) ).

A great advantage of professional car buying sites is that they save you a great lot of time. I don't know about the UK, but in Germany it's a pain in the a** to deal with all the insurance and registration bureaucracy. This is worth some money to me, even if I could have sold the car better privately.

A great advantage of professional car buying sites is that they save you a great lot of time. I don't know about the UK, but in Germany it's a pain in the a** to deal with all the insurance and registration bureaucracy. This is worth some money to me, even if I could have sold the car better privately.
I understand, but not experienced any bureaucracy myself in the UK. Last car I sold was my BMW i3 and this sold at 6k above what WBAC offered me. Purchaser sorted their own insurance and transferring keeper details takes 5 minutes on line. I get that the convenience of WBAC and similar appeals to people but the £ cost of that convenience has always been far too much for me, I can genuinely say selling privately has always been a doddle and therefore, to me, a no brainier.

I have a trophy with heated seats , heated steering wheel , 360 cameras. Frankly the only thing I don't like about my car is LKA ( Lane Keep Assist ) which seems to be everyone else's problem. The time I got my car PCP had massive differences thats why I ended up choosing MG4. I pay 323p/m where I was supposed to pay 532p/m for Tesla ...

Certainly, and it should be a popular model. Otherwise time will tell (or sell ;-) ).

They’re also great for problematic cars.
Example is a car we had with a juddering clutch.
Repair would have been £xxx, no one test driving it would fail to notice.
Otherwise very tidy, so binned off to WBAC for perfectly good money.

If you take the example of my 4, let’s say MG left me high and dry with the restricted speed problem.
They obviously can’t fix it, they’ve tried and failed.
Could I sell that car privately to a new owner in good conscience…?
Nope.

They’re also great for problematic cars.
Example is a car we had with a juddering clutch.
Repair would have been £xxx, no one test driving it would fail to notice.
Otherwise very tidy, so binned off to WBAC for perfectly good money.

If you take the example of my 4, let’s say MG left me high and dry with the restricted speed problem.
They obviously can’t fix it, they’ve tried and failed.
Could I sell that car privately to a new owner in good conscience…?
Nope.
hope you dont get one like this

Sounds like another of those all to familiar MG EVs subtle hints, maybe I'm just a little paranoid though
I am wondering if this is a better option than a new Megane, or for that matter MG4, thinking of changing the Leaf, but am keeping my MG ZS.

Just need to persuade the wife a bit more :oops:

To be fair, @bowfer himself did intimate (in another thread) that he may be leaving the forum. ;)
He's not gone yet though, let's not try and chase him away.
Not that anyone in here could accomplish that, fair few keyboard warriors though.

Not sure what I’m getting next TBF
Citroen C4-e is really smart. as cheap as the MG4 on PCP and has an incredible spec list (full leather, head up display etc)
But only 134bhp…

Like the Megane, but only with certain wheels and that means more expensive spec.

Still to speak to Tesla about PCP figures for a used M3.

So WBAC “screw you over”, then you go on to give an example of motorway screwing you over… :ROFLMAO:
FWIW I think people allow WBAC to screw then over by being dishonest about the condition or just too plain stupid to fix minor blemishes themselves.
They can’t make problems up, so don’t give them an excuse.
Erm no…..

On the day the owner of the garage that bought the car pointed out one or two issues i hadnt noticed. So i OFFERED to take 300 off. I wanted the car gone. There was a paint mismatch not noticed so i was happy to get the 1500 extra rather than the original 1800.

Both of which were massively more than WBAC.

I could have just said nah the price is the price and started all over.

WBAC will take £99 off you for a processing fee and £50 if you want to be paid in less than 4 days.

WBAC offered 1800 less BEING TOLD THE CAR WAS TOTALLY UNBLEMISHED CONDITION.

I got 1500 more WITH dealer defects being pointed out. And they were things a buyer wouldnt even notice.

WBAC would have knocked it down further so your argument doesnt hold.

They can’t make problems up, so don’t give them an
Slight improvement with WBAC
Still very poor though.
I got over £22k for a year old leaf Acenta (the base model)
View attachment 15729

Ok so i did a Motorway vs WBAC comparison on one of the demo cars pictured on the net.

An orange trophy LA22WNR

I put it as 4,000 miles.

So Motorway predicted £24.450

WBAC offered £19500.

Yeah. Run the numbers yourself, takes 30 seconds apparently

So for the “OMG look at the depreciation”. Thats normal. (For the motorway figure!)

I bought a Renault once that was 18000 new as a 6 month old demonstrator for 12000.

And my last car, a Toyota GT86 was 26500 new and 18500 when i bought it at 6 months old. (And sold it 8 years later for 10500 in my example given earlier).

Last edited:
Rejected my MG4 Trophy due to a whole host of issues documented on here, got a full refund bar a nominal amount for mileage. Took advantage of the price drop in Tesla and stretched for a 72 plate 3 series. This does have the heated steering wheel which has 3 heat settings. I always found the MG’s steering wheel heater to be too powerful. Updated battery type allows a full 100% battery charge which means I don’t have it on the charger so frequently. Got to say I much much prefer the Tesla due to it’s software & driving aids firmly sitting in the background where they should be but the MG’s turning circle was way sharper. However, although happy I have ended up spending more on a car than I hoped. I just wasn’t taking any chances this time..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video