Motability supplied home charger

Where have you read this? Motability site still says free charger included.

I read it on the motability advice forum, may be a good idea to check with them if you ordered recently.

I read it on the motability advice forum, may be a good idea to check with them if you ordered recently.
I am not on Facebook, so o can't see the info.

Fortunately that's why I'm not on facebook lots of untruths and outright lies... I would much rather believe Motability website than facebook.

Fortunately that's why I'm not on facebook lots of untruths and outright lies... I would much rather believe Motability website than facebook.
Hopefully what was said by motability customers is not correct as having a home charger included is what helped me make the switch to BEV.

Don't think any of the Motability installers do solar integrated chargers. They use OHME, Podpoint, BP Pulse and Easee. They sent OHME to do my install but said I didn't want it because I wanted untethered and they only do tethered, thus they contacted me and I said what I needed and arranged with Easee instead. Currently awaiting installation but pleased it's an Easee One because it comes untethered but with a cable that you can lock in to make it tethered or remove to keep in car or in the house.
The same happened to me.
I too decided to go with the Easee One.

When they say that it is not solar integrated, what do they mean?
That the car cannot be charged by PVs at all? Or that it can be charged with additional equipment?

What they mean is that the charge point will not vary the charge rate depending on the amount of solar generation from the home system.

But wouldn't the grid supplement the load?
Does this mean that I can't have solar panels?

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to learn all about it.

Yes, the grid will supplement the load, and that's the issue.
Say you are charging at 7kW but your solar is only making 4kW, then you are importing 3kW from the grid. If the sun goes behind a cloud and generation stops import goes up to the full 7kW. The downside is that this likely to be peak rate electricity.
A good solar supporting charge point will vary the amount of charge going to the car to match the generation, and if generation drops below 1.4kW either halts charging or then uses import to sustain it (depending on your choice).

Thank you for explaining it to me.
I hope that this can be resolved with a future firmware update.

There are also hardware requirements, so I suspect that the answer is that it'll not happen.
Current charge point are not well future proofed, and the favoured means of installation onto PME systems is a blind alley for V2G.

motarbility installed easee charger no car but charger waiting

Attachments

• 56b640ca-4ee8-4672-8f6e-90674c95792b.jpg
    56b640ca-4ee8-4672-8f6e-90674c95792b.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 82
  • fc644b9b-2731-4e63-8dfd-1a0057c4ce5e.jpg
    fc644b9b-2731-4e63-8dfd-1a0057c4ce5e.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 85
motarbility installed easee charger no car but charger waiting
Looks good. The service head fuse seal has been cut, so if the installer hasn't done so it's worth getting the DNO to come around and fit one. Alternatively, ask your electricity supplier for the cost of an upgrade from 60A and the price for an isolator switch.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom