My Ownership Log: MG4 Trophy

But MG Assist renews (for a further 12 months) after each (MG dealer) service, so the T&Cs are silent on how long MG Assist can be renewed for?

But MG Assist renews (for a further 12 months) after each (MG dealer) service, so the T&Cs are silent on how long MG Assist can be renewed for?
Yep, that PDF is not clear enough, if indeed it auto renews after an expensive MG service

Edit: Thinking about it and from experience, likely an intentional omission as they can then withdraw the renewal service whenever they choose with no reference to or affect upon the T&C's

Last edited:
What is the service price for year 1 and 2?

Using the MG service plan link (using my local dealer) I get a price of £97.73 for year 1 and £191.26 for year 2 plus a monthly management fee of £1.20

Is this ‘better’ than dealer direct pricing?

From the Ts and Cs document:

What is covered:
Home Start provides assistance when the Eligible Vehicle is immobilised following a breakdown at or within ¼ mile of the Authorised Driver’s home address

[...]

What is not covered:
The recovery of an Eligible Vehicle within a quarter of a mile of the Authorised Driver’s home address

Am I being daft or are these the same thing ... ?

Am I being daft or are these the same thing ... ?

This is pretty standard in basic roadside cover - they'll tow you home or to a repairer if you're more than a certain distance away but if you're at/close to home they'll only fix what they can but won't tow you anywhere.

If you get a flat tyre at home, see if you can safely crawl 500m down the road before calling the AA 🤣

In this case it won't matter (unless I'm misunderstanding something) - they'll come and fix a tyre at home. (MG Assist includes Home Start). :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back