My Ownership Log: MG4 Trophy

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi folks,

I know there are a few waiting to collect with the new registration and wondering about whether their PCP interest rate will be honoured.

I asked my dealer to give me all the updated figures in advance (I hate the pressure of finding out on the day when collecting).

The bad news is that Santander won't honour the original 7% quote we had, (we ordered on 23rd September 2022).

The good news is that they will do 7.9% and also our trade in has gone up in value (yes, really) by £900 since September, plus the MGFV MG will offer on the 4 has gone up a bit, plus we've made 5-6 more payments on our existing car.

This means that our PCP payments will be nearly £20/m LESS than we originally agreed over the same term and mileage.

We are obviously pleased!

Edit: There are a lot of MG4s around. My dealer is handing over 8 this week.

Last edited:
That’s a pity about Santander not honouring the original terms, though I’m glad to hear it’s worked in your favour after all, tsedge! Hopefully mine is not far behind.

That’s a pity about Santander not honouring the original terms, though I’m glad to hear it’s worked in your favour after all, tsedge! Hopefully mine is not far behind.
Yes, I had suspected they wouldn't based on other people's reports but what was key is what they would offer and the dealer has certainly looked after us and been very fair.

(I will post who it is after we've successfully collected the car, I think it is premature too recommend before that).

Last edited:
And she is here a day early, excellent service from Eden Newton Abbot which I recommend for a hassle free buying process.

Meet Foxy...

49F84129-2BBE-45DC-A6D7-034D067FE8B3.jpeg

It is only day one but zero faults I could find on collection (and I used the checklist), drive was soooo good back from the dealer, light years ahead of our old Karoq, very smooth and RWD miles better with great balance. Getting to the national speed limit was embarrassingly quick!

We will explore the car over the next few days and I may make some videos on specific bits of setup to give something back to these forums, since you have all been brilliant these last few months, even those I don't always agree with! 😁😁😁

Benefits of a Friday evening collection were the speed, they didn't even inspect our trade in and while not hurrying us at any point, several sales staff assisted in making it quick. Oh and no attempts to upsell us stuff we don't need.

Last edited:
We will explore the car over the next few days and I may make some videos on specific bits of setup to give something back to these forums, since you have all been brilliant these last few months, even those I don't always agree with! 😁😁😁
I for one would be interested in watching those videos, tsedge. Congrats on the new car! Stunning in arctic white, biased though I am. 😎

I can see the appeal
Absolutely. I suppose it’s all down to preference at the end of the day. Some will like the stock badge, others the black

Edit - just a thought, wonder has anyone de-badged theirs? Would be interesting to see what that looks like

Absolutely. I suppose it’s all down to preference at the end of the day. Some will like the stock badge, others the black

Edit - just a thought, wonder has anyone de-badged theirs? Would be interesting to see what that looks like
Someone on this forum has de-badged the back model plate, yet to see if anyone does the front.

Someone on this forum has de-badged the back model plate, yet to see if anyone does the front.
Suppose it depends on whether it’s glued or bolted onto the bonnet. Bolted would leave de-badging pretty much a no-go

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back