My Ownership Log: MG4 Trophy

Did you see the end-Nov date on the CoC in the plastic wallet in the glovebox?
Yes

Here are some more photosView attachment 15632View attachment 15632
2ED7FC77-F28D-4A12-A555-0EF8EBE6B513.jpeg
548ECD1D-D1E3-4691-B481-83CD1399970C.jpeg
DF40D474-219A-4C7D-95FB-9B993CAC2089.jpeg
C7676F2A-32A6-404B-81FF-CBCD531B6458.jpeg

Looks smashing! 😃 Looking at the overhead photo you took of the twin roof spoilers, if you turn it around it looks (to me anyway) like the shape of an M. Can’t make out a G anywhere though. 😅

Looks smashing! 😃 Looking at the overhead photo you took of the twin roof spoilers, if you turn it around it looks (to me anyway) like the shape of an M. Can’t make out a G anywhere though. 😅
That gets written underneath in oil.

Seriously though looks really good in white especially with the black roof mirrors, black badge could be the way to go

Funny thing happened on the motorway earlier, it flashed up a red SOS call failure message and a phone symbol.

Wondering if I accidentally pressed a button or there's a voice command system on by default? Anyone seen this?

Note also that signature display is an option on each individual member account so you can never assume that everyone will see what is in your signature.

It is only day one but zero faults I could find on collection (and I used the checklist), drive was soooo good back from the dealer, light years ahead of our old Karoq, very smooth and RWD miles better with great balance. Getting to the national speed limit was embarrassingly quick!

We will explore the car over the next few days and I may make some videos on specific bits of setup to give something back to these forums, since you have all been brilliant these last few months, even those I don't always agree with! 😁😁😁

Benefits of a Friday evening collection were the speed, they didn't even inspect our trade in and while not hurrying us at any point, several sales staff assisted in making it quick. Oh and no attempts to upsell us stuff we don't need.
Interesting you have gone from a Karoq to a MG4. Our current car is a Seat Ateca, which is the same car effectively so we are making similar changes!

Interesting you have gone from a Karoq to a MG4. Our current car is a Seat Ateca, which is the same car effectively so we are making similar changes!
The MG4 is smaller but weirdly it feels bigger inside, especially in the front. The boot is the big difference but then we hardly ever filled that in the Karoq. It is almost always just the two of us, so we don't need a big car. I thought we would feel a lot lower to the ground but it isn't really a noticeable difference except when getting in and out,

The drive is so much better on the MG4, far smoother, ride and handling vastly better, much quicker. I think we will want better tyres but that can wait a while. The level of tech is streets ahead (our Karoq was a 2018 model).

Downsides are quite a bit of wind noise at speed in the MG4, but the Karoq had a similar issue and I think we notice it more because the rest of the car is so quiet. Range is obviously a lot less, about half in our case, but our average journey is very short.

The MG4 has fewer clever touches than the Karoq (scraper in the fuel cap, parking ticket holder, etc..) and is more spartan but what is there is pretty well designed and I find the cubbyhole space better and glovebox much bigger.

Overall we are very happy so far but there's a big learning curve on all the configuration and gizmos.

Picked our Red trophy up yesterday that was ordered on 29th sept and as expected, out pcp went UP by £5 ( not too bad) , however we did get an uplift of £300 on our PX which covers this anlease a bit over.
On the slight downside, when we ordered ours the new owners were getting Type 2 cables and not Granny chargers, hoping we would get a type 2 , Unfortunately not :(.
It is a really nice drive, the suspension setup is great for our roads with the dips , bumps and slightly sinking potholes.

Funny thing happened on the motorway earlier, it flashed up a red SOS call failure message and a phone symbol.

Wondering if I accidentally pressed a button or there's a voice command system on by default? Anyone seen this?
Had this a couple of times. The car's SIM card (eSIM?) seems to lose connection from time to time. It always went away resp. resolved itself after 15 or 20 minutes while driving (the led in the SOS button on the roof went green again), so I never gave it more attention. Happens once a month approximately.

Had this a couple of times. The car's SIM card (eSIM?) seems to lose connection from time to time. It always went away resp. resolved itself after 15 or 20 minutes while driving (the led in the SOS button on the roof went green again), so I never gave it more attention. Happens once a month approximately.
Thanks, good to know that's what it is. We can get patchy signal down here in country bumpkin land so may well happen again.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back