My Ownership Log: MG4 Trophy

But MG Assist renews (for a further 12 months) after each (MG dealer) service, so the T&Cs are silent on how long MG Assist can be renewed for?

But MG Assist renews (for a further 12 months) after each (MG dealer) service, so the T&Cs are silent on how long MG Assist can be renewed for?
Yep, that PDF is not clear enough, if indeed it auto renews after an expensive MG service

Edit: Thinking about it and from experience, likely an intentional omission as they can then withdraw the renewal service whenever they choose with no reference to or affect upon the T&C's

Last edited:
What is the service price for year 1 and 2?

Using the MG service plan link (using my local dealer) I get a price of £97.73 for year 1 and £191.26 for year 2 plus a monthly management fee of £1.20

Is this ‘better’ than dealer direct pricing?

From the Ts and Cs document:

What is covered:
Home Start provides assistance when the Eligible Vehicle is immobilised following a breakdown at or within ¼ mile of the Authorised Driver’s home address

[...]

What is not covered:
The recovery of an Eligible Vehicle within a quarter of a mile of the Authorised Driver’s home address

Am I being daft or are these the same thing ... ?

Am I being daft or are these the same thing ... ?

This is pretty standard in basic roadside cover - they'll tow you home or to a repairer if you're more than a certain distance away but if you're at/close to home they'll only fix what they can but won't tow you anywhere.

If you get a flat tyre at home, see if you can safely crawl 500m down the road before calling the AA 🤣

In this case it won't matter (unless I'm misunderstanding something) - they'll come and fix a tyre at home. (MG Assist includes Home Start). :)

14 months, 13,000 miles

Well, we are well overdue for an update!

Foxy is running great, no problems since the AC charging issue was fixed with a new CCU* and software updates.

We're getting great range now the temperature is warming, 250+ miles. She continues to work on pretty much every DC charger and home charging on Intelligent Octopus Go is working great too.

We still very much love driving her and everything is wearing well, including the interior, we have an occasional creak from the passenger B pillar trim but no other rattles. The expensive aftermarket mats I bought are an exception, they have worn out after only a year, I think we'll replace with harder wearing rubber ones.

Since all the updates, most of the systems are fine, ACC works so much better that now I use it, the auto headlights now work properly and switch on at the right level of darkness. Infotainment is responsive and reliable (we use CarPlay not Bluetooth) and we are now on R46.

The Emergency SOS phone still fails every now and then, but much less often than before they fiddled with it and loaded some patches.

I still turn off the speed limit detection / warning and I still turn off LKA even though it is pretty benign and much better behaved.

Overall, we are very happy and if only we had more confidence in MG's software updates and communication, things would be perfect.

*It took three months to sort the AC charging issue out and 4 dealer visits, most of this was waiting for parts and xmas period delays. We felt well supported but it was frustrating how long it took to fix and it cost a lot in DC charging.

Now an update 6 months and nearly 900 miles into ownership...

Nothing.
And the car is never given a wash when at the dealers.

This is very reassuring. After reading all the tales of woe I was starting to have second thoughts about getting an MG4.

As far as dealers not washing cars goes, that's a very good thing. I've watched them 'washing' cars at dealerships - they'd give proper detailers nightmares. The one I watched a few years ago while waiting for the sales droid to return used one bucket and a sponge for EVERY car in the lot, in the midday sun. That was the day I learned where all those swirls and scratches came from.

I was given the option of saying yes or no to a car wash. I said no. The car was presented pretty clean except for a streaked windscreen acquired on the way to the dealer which neatly illustrated the issue with the washer jets I had asked them to look at.

They washed the car anyway, and didn't fix the washer jets.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back