New MG4 Shipment?

So had phone call from my dealer today bad news I've been told that mg are having big trouble with mg4 supplies and that if your car has not been built (mine hasnt) its going to be 8 to 12 months before delivery 😟 I have no choice but to cancel my November order ! Gutted 😞
I notice that you are Bedfordshire based, as am I. I also have a November order... Can I ask what dealer you dealt with? Mine is Glyn Hopkins MG in Kempston. Due to the current problem of the MG IT software change my dealer has not been able to update me so far this month so I am wondering if I will get the same news as you in the near future?? I have no idea if my order has been built or not...

So had phone call from my dealer today bad news I've been told that mg are having big trouble with mg4 supplies and that if your car has not been built (mine hasnt) its going to be 8 to 12 months before delivery 😟 I have no choice but to cancel my November order ! Gutted 😞
Well that's pants my in-laws have just ordered an MG4 Trophy through Octopus EV after being told the Enyaq they wanted was going to be a 12-18mnth wait 🙈

How does the dealer know this for sure? I thought the ordering system was in the middle of being updated?

If true will just confirm what I've been thinking about MG being a proper lying organisation only out out to gather as many customers as possible by hook or crook.
I very clearly remember last year after MG4 launch the story was that the difference between MG4 and other EVs was that MG had cars ready to go.
Typically everywhere you went the average lead time you got told was in the range of 12 to 16 weeks so already contradicting the cars ready to go line.
But what we are seeing in reality is people possibly waiting more than 20 weeks, possibly more and not even getting an update as to status of their cars.
People have gotten cars early too don't get me wrong but this has mostly been through their own effort calling around and looking for cars cancelled because the original intended owners had enough of the organisation's BS and turned it down.

Has anybody else been told this?

I'm still waiting on my MG SE Long Range in Black which I ordered at the end of August.

I managed to get through to my original sales rep last week. He tells me that as of the end of last week, he received a message from MG stating that all 2022 reservations are in the process of being delivered.

Based on the information he had at hand though, he couldn't give me an ETA, and reckoned a wait of up to 8 weeks from now could be possible. The showroom has despatched a couple of cars over the last few months though, so I'm under the impression that deliveries are sudden and unpredictable. He also says that the cars sold in the last couple of months haven't had the faults the first run of cars did. (oil leakage, etc)

It's now near enough six months later, and I have had no direct correspondence from my showroom since the reservation was made... I managed to get in touch with my sales rep last month, but now his number no longer works and I can't leave a message. I'll visit the showroom this weekend to try and get to the bottom of things.

Last edited:
I've just had confirmation off my dealership (MG Perth), my car is due to arrive end of March, but might be sooner, they will keep me updated now.
I ordered mine at the end of November.
Good news, hopefully @FiferMG4 gets his call from Perth, he has waited patiently since September.

So I have just been in touch with the dealer who should be supplying my MG4, his response does fill me with trepidation as he said that the MG tracking/registering dealers software update completion has been delayed. How amazing that MG cannot seem to get this together and get a grip.

Been waiting since Sept 22!!!!!

I have just heard from my dealer - MG Burnley. My blue Trophy is at sea and is due in March.
Itwas ordered on 6th September.

I just need to try and find out which ships are due to dock at Portbury. Has anyone been tracking them. I was but gave up!
The Grand Venus due in Portbury on 22nd March and Durban Highway on 24th February. They might not be carrying MG4s but both have docked in Shanghai

I have just heard from my dealer - MG Burnley. My blue Trophy is at sea and is due in March.

I just need to try and find out which ships are due to dock at Portbury. Has anyone been tracking them. I was but gave up!
I have just been told I will have my MG4 in a couple of weeks. I ordered it October last year from Dicksons Inverness.

DON PASQUALE - 19th ish of Feb

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel