New MG4 Shipment?

I went into my dealer yesterday, they said the MG IT system is still not working it was ment to be back on the 14th Feb and that China is now involved.
Even if my car is on the Don Pasquale due in to Bristol at 18:00 on Sunday they can't register it with DVLA until the MG system is fixed because it is used to register the vehicles.

I went into my dealer yesterday, they said the MG IT system is still not working it was ment to be back on the 14th Feb and that China is now involved.
Even if my car is on the Don Pasquale due in to Bristol at 18:00 on Sunday they can't register it with DVLA until the MG system is fixed because it is used to register the vehicles.
Even MG are now telling dealers to hold cars until March 1st.

Follow this thread for progress:-

Just dropped private plate document to dealer only to get a very nice surprise that our car turned up yesterday along with 17 others which are all allocated to customers.
Seems like MG want to boast good figures of March registrations, arrangements made to pick ups vey early March.
👍🕺🕺🕺☀️☀️❤️❤️

Just dropped private plate document to dealer only to get a very nice surprise that our car turned up yesterday along with 17 others which are all allocated to customers.
Seems like MG want to boast good figures of March registrations, arrangements made to pick ups vey early March.
👍🕺🕺🕺☀️☀️❤️❤️
The March figures are going to be interesting. MG had 2 cars in the February top 10 UK registrations, albeit not MG4.

Had an update today, told the system is down until at least 1st march. No idea if my vehicle will be one of those ready on the system to go live or not. I'm currently car less at the moment so frustrating to not know. Ordered 11th Nov a Blue SE.

Hi I've ordered a MG4 through octopus ev, and been given a Factory order number but nothing more. Does anyone know of a way to track a factory order number to a shipment?

What did I miss? Some people are able to get updates and some are not due to the software upgrade.
Didnt miss anything as there is nothing really to miss. Dealers are not getting any useful information from MG. The software upgrade is for dealer orders, allocations and registering cars to DVLA, this update was started on 7th of Feb and I believe was expected to have finished earlier this week, but has been delayed. I was a software upgrade project manager in IT for 8 years and am not at all surprised by the delay by what appears to be a complete lack of competence in head office organisation which as been obvious since the official release of the car back in October.
I dont think that it will be 1st March that the system will be sorted as suggested above 4 weeks to do this would suggest that a 17 yr old trainee with no experience has done this.

Tempted to order an MG4 through work salary sacrifice, lead time is being quoted as approx 18 weeks for SE long range and Trophy irrespective of colour. Anyone shed any light on whether that's likely to be accurate or just pie in the sky and it could be 6 months or more (I've read posts suggesting that's a distinct possibility). Ta

Tempted to order an MG4 through work salary sacrifice, lead time is being quoted as approx 18 weeks for SE long range and Trophy irrespective of colour. Anyone shed any light on whether that's likely to be accurate or just pie in the sky and it could be 6 months or more (I've read posts suggesting that's a distinct possibility). Ta
Until the computer system is back up and running who knows :unsure:

MG allegedly began building to order in January.
Last year's cars were built and delivered to dealerships at random.

Computer system aside (which is a temporary issue), deliveries should be much more predictable for orders made now. They won't necessarily be quicker (that depends on production vs demand), but they should be more reliable.

Computer system aside (which is a temporary issue), deliveries should be much more predictable for orders made now. They won't necessarily be quicker (that depends on production vs demand), but they should be more reliable.
Just be for a visit to my MG dealership in Aberdeen, they are expecting the computers to be up & running on Wednesday this week 🤞,also said that there will be close on 12,000 car imported this month with the same to follow in March. Hopefully things get going then💁‍♂️

Just be for a visit to my MG dealership in Aberdeen, they are expecting the computers to be up & running on Wednesday this week 🤞,also said that there will be close on 12,000 car imported this month with the same to follow in March. Hopefully things get going then💁‍♂️
That should push them up the monthly SMMT sales figures a notch or two!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back