New MG4 Shipment?

I was told mine was gen 2 by the dealer, so I am guessing it is. Yes I would think most gen 1's are dealer stock now, so if you're waiting still, I am sure it'll be gen 2 when it arrives.
Pics will be coming for sure! 😁

Back asking again as my dealer cant tell me, Anyone due a new MG4 coming into the UK around the middle of October (14th I have been told) know what ship they are on so I can track its voyage ? Thanks Rob

20230921_153505 (1)1.jpg

She's here! Already started sticking AliExpress' finest bits and bobs to her, utterly over the moon. Feels like a rocket ship when you boot it in Sport and just a ton of fun to drive, love at first sight.

View attachment 20243
She's here! Already started sticking AliExpress' finest bits and bobs to her, utterly over the moon. Feels like a rocket ship when you boot it in Sport and just a ton of fun to drive, love at first sight.
Excellent! Looks amazing! I get mine tomorrow, cannot wait! 😀

I do not know what vessel its on that is why I asked the question just in case someone else has one due the same time and knew which vessel so I could keep track on it. Thanks for your reply though

Regards
Rob
Apologies, I misread your post and viewed 'know what ship its on' as you knowing the vessel name.

Have a look at Portbury docks for arrivals in October, you then possibly work back to see where the vessels are.

Here are some of the vessel names used:-
SAIC Anji 27
SAIC Anji Phoenix
James & Kate
Carrera (UK flagged vehicle carrier)
Primrose Ace
Dalian highway
Grand orion
Cape town highway
Bosporus Highway
grande spagna
Traviata
Our MG5 arrived a month ago and at long last I'm collecting it today.

I recon its Morning Concert my MG4 is on as it definitely left Lianyungang on the 2nd September so may dock early into Portbury as its due on Sunday 8th and Durban HIghway main port departure was not China but what I see. So maybe coming into port 5 days earlier than my dealer said. Keeping my fingers crossed thats the ship.

Just got a call from dealer today saying my xpower will be ready on wednesday! They originally said November. Red colour.
I have seen this quite frequently with a few people getting theirs earlier than the dealer said and like yours a month and a bit early.

Time at least to enjoy the extra range before the colder temperatures set in.

Rob

Anyone know when the next shipment of MG4s is due to arrive in the UK every dealer I have asked has given a different answer 😕
I’ve changed my car and dealer and got a Holborn blue coming in next week lr on Toxteth

I’ve changed my car and dealer and got a Holborn blue coming in next week lr on Toxteth
But it has no rear wiper no one pedal no rear wiper . Arnold Ckarkes
Tbh I’m so done with looking at Mg4s , I feel a bit of an expert on them now and I would at this point accept anything any colour within my price range and my heads beginning to hurt . Especially after the YT test drive from Susan who didn’t like the indicator noise in video I posted on here earlier. I’m done. I’m scared and I’ll be back when I’ve got it only to tell you I’ve got it because there won’t be anything wrong with it !!!

You can turn the indicator sound down.

Honestly, just do it. Look at my sig line. I knew nothing squared about EVs until I watched a few YouTube videos the evening I was informed the insurance company wanted to write off my Golf, then just went out and bought one. The biggest delay was trying to book a test drive on a day with a good weather forecast. Less than two weeks from "oh dear I need a new car" to driving off in exactly what I wanted. No regrets.

Last edited:
Haha can you? 🤦‍♀️ I just don’t she like it from the off tbf

I just don’t think she liked it from the moment she got in it tbf

I don't understand all the fuss about the door sills. I've never even noticed the width. I even asked the 90 year old lady with the artificial hip I take to church if she noticed anything and she said no. I took a friend in his 80s to a hospital appointment yesterday. He also has artificial hips and knee and ankle problems, and a disabled car pass. He got in and out three times without apparent undue difficulty.

The seats seem perfectly comfortable to me. I've driven 450 miles in a day, twice, with no discomfort. None of my passengers has ever complained or shown any signs of discomfort, even when I've asked them if they're comfortable. It's obviously an individual thing but I can't see the problem.

I think I have identified the vessel my MG4 is on - Morning Concert due to dock in Portbury 8th October however my dealer (Nathaniel Cars Bridgend said it was due to dock 14th October but nothing is showing arriving on that date maybe Morning Concert is ahead of schedule. I think its this vessel as it did dock in Lianyungang on the 2nd September.

Rob

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel