New MG4 Shipment?

Interesting thread. My Xpower is showing as Released from Factory as of 2 days ago. How did you narrow down the names of the ships your vehicles might be on? Any idea how long it took for your cars to get moving? Stoneacre have changed from Jan 24 to hopefully November, but I'm guessing it's at least 5 weeks at sea??? Thanks
I found out from my dealer when my car was showing at sea on the MG system with a delivery at the dealer of 26 Oct Allowing for 2-3 weeks at the port for pdi and that another member on the forum mentioned the Morning Concert, her sailing date was very close to the day dealer told me the car was at sea. Her sailing date was about 2 week after I ordered the car. . I called the dealer last week and was told that the car was still showing as at sea, which was a week before Morning Concert was due to arrive in Bristol. However, while tracking her, in Antwerp dock another car carrier docked beside her which had just come from Bristol. When I checked that vessels route history it had sailed from Bristol and she had travelled to Bristol from Lianyungang, where MG transport from and had sailed 3 days before Morning Concert, so my car could have been on that vessel too! Morning Concert docked in Bristol this afternoon, so one way or another my car should be in the UK now!!!!

I found out from my dealer when my car was showing at sea on the MG system with a delivery at the dealer of 26 Oct Allowing for 2-3 weeks at the port for pdi and that another member on the forum mentioned the Morning Concert, her sailing date was very close to the day dealer told me the car was at sea. Her sailing date was about 2 week after I ordered the car. . I called the dealer last week and was told that the car was still showing as at sea, which was a week before Morning Concert was due to arrive in Bristol. However, while tracking her, in Antwerp dock another car carrier docked beside her which had just come from Bristol. When I checked that vessels route history it had sailed from Bristol and she had travelled to Bristol from Lianyungang, where MG transport from and had sailed 3 days before Morning Concert, so my car could have been on that vessel too! Morning Concert docked in Bristol this afternoon, so one way or another my car should be in the UK now!!!!
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping for Xmas at the latest. Hope all goes well for a quick delivery for yours.

I have been trying to work out which ship it may be on, working back from estimated delivery date which is a month from today. Not had any updates for a few weeks so must have been at sea for a while and Im aware that MG are not very forthcoming with information.
Looking at Bristol records there a few vehicle carriers arriving, but when checking they havent been via China. The Gold Estrella docks on Saturday which seems to be favourite, although it only mentions Shanghai, taking into account checking and delivery to dealer. Any other insights would be welcome if I have missed something. Thanks
Posted this in the XPOWER orders thread. Im aware delays at the port etc. Any thoughts on possible ship it is on. Delivery expected around 8 December. Thank you

Is there a waiting list at moment or is stock still available on all models of MG4

my Tusker page I have been allocated a Registration Number and my car has a chassis number. This usually only happens when the car is on the dockside.
This is weird because my car has been dockside for around a week and I've not had this yet.

Mine still says 'Released from Factory' which is BS.

My dealer told me the car was in Portbury awaiting a PDI on 3/11, then contacted me on 10/11 to say PDI passed and when did I want it delivered, delivery set for 17/11.

So I assume MG had a boat arrive in Portbury early November

Have seen lots of ex demo and pre reg cars on AutoTrader, zero or low mileage XPower's going for around £32,000

Had an email this morning from Tusker that says “Released from Factory”, yeah I know fellas, it’s been like that for ages now. :rolleyes:

Have seen lots of ex demo and pre reg cars on AutoTrader, zero or low mileage XPower's going for around £32,000
There are some new ones around that price too, believe £33k is the public sector discount price.

Just put my order with Tusker with my salary sacrifice.
Initially they put the delivery to end of Jan, but push it back to 3d Mar as no ship allocated yet to the vehicle.
Mine was orderd properly on the 10th and has just updated to Released from Factory. The expected delivery date is still Early March which coincides with what you're saying too.

I ordered December 6 and my vehicle was at the dealer December 13. It was due December 18 but the boat arrived ahead of schedule.

For both this purchase, white MG4 Essence (Trophy) 64, and my wife’s red ZS EV Excite (SE) 51 in March we chose from the unallocated vehicles heading for MG local stock that were already on the water. We also timed our purchases to leverage the EV incentives worth about 18% for the ZS in March since reduced to 12% for the MG4.

The end of the NZ Government clean car program on 31 Dec this year was the push I needed to go with one of the available MG4 colour and trim choices.

For NZ readers thinking of making the jump, there’s still time to grab a MG4 and get it registered if you’re not too choosy about colour before the end of the rebates.

Mine was orderd properly on the 10th and has just updated to Released from Factory. The expected delivery date is still Early March which coincides with what you're saying too.
To be honest, my order was direct put on status Released from factory. From my understanding, the dealership was told that they are having some trouble allocating a ship to ferry the car on UK shores.
I believe this is the SAIC(MG parent company) ship who might bring the cars over: SAIC ANJI PHOENIX, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9190858 - VesselFinder

Currently is heading to the Chinese port where the cars might be waiting, with an ETA there as 11th Jan 2024.

Damn I hope not. Hoping to get it before March
Shipping has started to avoid the Red Sea/Suez Canal route due to hostile activity near Yemen.
This adds around 2 weeks to delivery times as they now have to go all the way around Africa.

SAIC Anji Sincerity, which is a dual fuel ro-ro ship, passed canary islands and Morocco off west Africa on her maiden voyage. She avoided Yemen for safe shipping of 7000 MG cars to Europe. Not sure if there is any car for 24reg in UK.

I ordered one yesterday, it will be ready for me to collect it in the next few days

I don't know whether to call it Edna (Dame) due to the reflection in the boot window or either David (Dickinson) or Donald (Trump) because of the colour.

Been waiting for 8 weeks for my new MG4 since placing my order. Status just says transit to UK. Anyone else waiting on here have a better indication of time scales? Thanks

Been waiting for 8 weeks for my new MG4 since placing my order. Status just says transit to UK. Anyone else waiting on here have a better indication of time scales? Thanks
It depends if they're still going all the way round Africa due to the Houthi attacks off Yemen.
That adds a couple of weeks to the trip.
#teamblue!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel