New MG4 Shipment?

I think I have identified the vessel my MG4 is on - Morning Concert due to dock in Portbury 8th October however my dealer (Nathaniel Cars Bridgend said it was due to dock 14th October but nothing is showing arriving on that date maybe Morning Concert is ahead of schedule. I think its this vessel as it did dock in Lianyungang on the 2nd September.

Rob
Sounds like a possibility, my '5' took about 3 weeks after arrival in the country to being at the dealers.

Back asking again as my dealer cant tell me, Anyone due a new MG4 coming into the UK around the middle of October (14th I have been told) know what ship they are on so I can track its voyage ? Thanks Rob
Any help but I was told by Arnold Clarke they have a few Ses coming in beginning Oct but they have no rear wipers head rests etc 🤷‍♀️

I cant see that being truthful as any MG4's ordered after late June should be the 2023 MY ones with the updated spec (As you say rear centre headrest, rear wiper, Passenger roof grab handle, rear passenger grab handles, One pedal driving and reduced AC on board charger (7kw instead of 11kw)

Sounds like old stock to me. Unless Arnold clarke agreed to take the old stock which sounds like the case here.

Rob

No idea mate , at all. I just know he told me they had a blue SE LR coming in end Sept so I could have it first week Oct latest. He then informed me that it had no rear wiper and was same as one in my current dealership but a LR .
Go on their website and they have them in stock. Anyway Arnold Clarkes Sefton St Toxteth .

No idea mate , at all. I just know he told me they had a blue SE LR coming in end Sept so I could have it first week Oct latest. He then informed me that it had no rear wiper and was same as one in my current dealership but a LR .
Go on their website and they have them in stock. Anyway Arnold Clarkes Sefton St Toxteth .
I appreciate that its doing your head in but If you are paying up front then do give new car discount a look (they are immediatley available and have a £4,659 discount, price for a MG4 Trophy LR being £27,994)

They are pushing the gen1 cars from stock with heavy discounts as there are gen 2 now available and although there are different opinions, I would advise you to get the gen2. They are available (I have a red one that was delivered within a week of order, but only after I insisted that I would only order the gen2, they then magically produced it).
You are only waiting for the car a few weeks / months, but will be driving it for years so be patient and make the right long term choice for you.
Do also check the affinity scheme as you can also get £2500 off the price of the gen 2, if you dont currently qualify, you can join the mg owners club for £50 which does make you qualify.

Last edited:
I appreciate that its doing your head in but If you are paying up front then do give new car discount a look (they are immediatley available and have a £4,659 discount, price for a MG4 Trophy LR being £27,994)

They are pushing the gen1 cars from stock with heavy discounts as there are gen 2 now available and although there are different opinions, I would advise you to get the gen2. They are available (I have a red one that was delivered within a week of order, but only after I insisted that I would only order the gen2, they then magically produced it).
You are only waiting for the car a few weeks / months, but will be driving it for years so be patient and make the right long term choice for you.
Do also check the affinity scheme as you can also get £2500 off the price of the gen 2, if you dont currently qualify, you can join the mg owners club for £50 which does make you qualify.
Thanks. It’s Motability though mate.
Maybe that’s why I’m getting the brush off 🤷‍♀️

However they’re now advertising MG4 SE SR with all updates inc rear stuff and opd
. Confusion sets in

I think I have identified the vessel my MG4 is on - Morning Concert due to dock in Portbury 8th October however my dealer (Nathaniel Cars Bridgend said it was due to dock 14th October but nothing is showing arriving on that date maybe Morning Concert is ahead of schedule. I think its this vessel as it did dock in Lianyungang on the 2nd September.

Rob
Hi Rob. ETA for Morning Concert is now 12 Oct, currently North of Tunisia on its way to Barcalona. I think/hope my car is on it too!!

I am constantly tracking "Morning Concert" and yes its now due into Portbury Thursday 12th October so nearer to what I was told of the 14th October. @zAndy1 I would expect yours is on the previous ship Morning Calypso she is due to dock in Portbury on Wednesday 4th October so PDI is estimated at 2 weeks inline with delivery on the 20th ! x

Details of Portbury arrivals here..... https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

I hope this helps.

Rob

However my Tusker customer order page says mine should be with the dealer mid October so mine could even be on the same ship as yours Andy

Woo Hoo it looks like my MG4 SE Standard Range was on the earlier vessel that has now departed Portbury heading to Belgium. (Morning Calypso) as now on my Tusker page I have been allocated a Registration Number and my car has a chassis number. This usually only happens when the car is on the dockside. So @zAndy1 check yours as I hope yours is there too.

Rob

Woo Hoo it looks like my MG4 SE Standard Range was on the earlier vessel that has now departed Portbury heading to Belgium. (Morning Calypso) as now on my Tusker page I have been allocated a Registration Number and my car has a chassis number. This usually only happens when the car is on the dockside. So @zAndy1 check yours as I hope yours is there too.

Rob
To be honest there's very little info on the zenith page I look at , it just shows 'awaiting delivery to dealer' and estimated delivery date 20/10/23, that's it basically.

Mine's through Zenith on the salary sacrifice scheme and came from the Stoneacre dealer over in Newcastle, honestly have been very impressed with them - I had an email about two weeks before the delivery date asking me to confirm a date/time so if yours is estimated the 20th I wouldn't be surprised if you hear from them shortly.

I received a welcome pack through the post with additional number plates (for towing maybe?), an emergency kit (triangle, high-viz, first aid pack), keyring and driver card with contact numbers for breakdowns etc. Car was delivered on the date they specified on the back of a transporter and the driver rang in the morning to confirm the time. Came with a granny lead and a proper charger cable too which is nice as pretty pricey to buy yourself. All in all absolutely spot-on, hope you get your motor soon mate.

Mine's through Zenith on the salary sacrifice scheme and came from the Stoneacre dealer over in Newcastle, honestly have been very impressed with them - I had an email about two weeks before the delivery date asking me to confirm a date/time so if yours is estimated the 20th I wouldn't be surprised if you hear from them shortly.

I received a welcome pack through the post with additional number plates (for towing maybe?), an emergency kit (triangle, high-viz, first aid pack), keyring and driver card with contact numbers for breakdowns etc. Car was delivered on the date they specified on the back of a transporter and the driver rang in the morning to confirm the time. Came with a granny lead and a proper charger cable too which is nice as pretty pricey to buy yourself. All in all absolutely spot-on, hope you get your motor soon mate.
Thanks, no other updates so far on mine, no contact from the dealer , still saying estimated delivery date 20/10 and 'awaiting delivery to dealer' when I look at the order in 'my vehicles'.

I spoke to my dealer today (Nathaniel Cars Bridgend) my MG4 SE SR will be with them on Thursday 12th October although I already have my registration number but due to the delivery window being the 1st - 12th (Something between Tusker and Suez Recycling and Recovery to aid with reporting) I wont be able to have it delivered or collect it until November. I have arranged with Nathaniel cars to collect it on Saturday 4th November as I am not far away and the road trip would be good to do with it. So a bit more waiting - its ashame as its my birthday on the 25th October and was hoping to have it by then. At least it came in on the earlier boat otherwise it could have been a December delivery / collection.

Im sure the time will pass quite quickly.

Rob

Interesting thread. My Xpower is showing as Released from Factory as of 2 days ago. How did you narrow down the names of the ships your vehicles might be on? Any idea how long it took for your cars to get moving? Stoneacre have changed from Jan 24 to hopefully November, but I'm guessing it's at least 5 weeks at sea??? Thanks

Update on my MG4 SE Standard range (Through Tusker) the car will now be delivered on Wednesday 1st November as I managed to get my manager to agree to me having the day off. I must also say a big thank you to Sandra at Nathaniel Cars in Bridgend She is the fleet lady who moved heaven and earth to get it agreed to be delivered on the 1st even after I told her I didnt want it delivered then as getting the time off work would be impossible. but miracles do happen. So not long now. I have some door sill protectors and the black badges on order from AliExpress. Now to decide if I buy the seat covers to protect the seats as I may want to keep it when the lease expires. But thats the future. Also seat covers will maintain the seat condition.

Rob

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel