New MG4 Shipment?

Told today, computers still down! They cannot deliver any cars, give updates or even sell anything at all. My dealer went on holiday and is taking time off just responding to emails to get a rest before a really manic months or work!

Told today, computers still down! They cannot deliver any cars, give updates or even sell anything at all. My dealer went on holiday and is taking time off just responding to emails to get a rest before a really manic months or work!
So your dealership is closed because of the system outage?

Just be for a visit to my MG dealership in Aberdeen, they are expecting the computers to be up & running on Wednesday this week 🤞,also said that there will be close on 12,000 car imported this month with the same to follow in March. Hopefully things get going then💁‍♂️
Thanks for the update. If they manage to get up and running this week, I’ll hopefully be able to take delivery of my car next weekend. I won’t be holding my breath though.

Tempted to order an MG4 through work salary sacrifice, lead time is being quoted as approx 18 weeks for SE long range and Trophy irrespective of colour. Anyone shed any light on whether that's likely to be accurate or just pie in the sky and it could be 6 months or more (I've read posts suggesting that's a distinct possibility). Ta
I ordered mine on 19th oct through same scheme and still awaiting a build slot so I’m not holding out hope it’ll be fine any time soon

I ordered my Blue Trophy in early September. I was originally told delivery would be in January. The dealer updated me last week to advise that the car is at sea on the Garnet Ace, currently heading towards the Suez Canal, and it is due to dock at Portbury on 10th March.

Hopefully I will get it by end of March over 6 months after ordering it!

I ordered mine on 19th oct through same scheme and still awaiting a build slot so I’m not holding out hope it’ll be fine any time soon
hmmm, see this is what's putting me off, I'm not very patient and it would annoy me if I ordered and got no updates for months on end. Having said that there aren't any decent alternatives for the same money so I'll probably have to bite the bullet and hope for the best

hmmm, see this is what's putting me off, I'm not very patient and it would annoy me if I ordered and got no updates for months on end. Having said that there aren't any decent alternatives for the same money so I'll probably have to bite the bullet and hope for the best
We sound very alike! The next equivalent car is another £80+ per month on top so I’m sucking it up and waiting… so far

One MG model is already top for 2023 with another in 8th position
Pity about the quality and customer care lists, they are doing so well because on the face of it the price is cheap.

Quality is something that has been concerning me. Chinese goods aren't generally known for being high quality.

All new cars start with hiccups. That is a given. It is the customer care and long term support for these cars that I am wondering about.

Quality is something that has been concerning me. Chinese goods aren't generally known for being high quality.
That's out of date.

While you can certainly get bad quality, Chinese goods these days are just as good as anywhere else in many areas.

Most car makes use masses of components made in China and the Chinese car companies are making amazing strides forward. They lead the world in EV battery technology. Even Musk says it is the Chinese that keep him awake at night, not European or American competition.

The MG4 is built to a low budget, that is true but that's why the prices are lower than everyone else.
All new cars start with hiccups. That is a given. It is the customer care and long term support for these cars that I am wondering about.
SAIC (MGs parent) is a huge Chinese conglomerate. While anything could happen, it is unlikely they will be going anywhere.

MG communication is very poor but a good dealer can make up for a lot of it. Invest your time in finding the best dealer in your area.

That's out of date.

While you can certainly get bad quality, Chinese goods these days are just as good as anywhere else in many areas.

Most car makes use masses of components made in China and the Chinese car companies are making amazing strides forward. They lead the world in EV battery technology. Even Musk says it is the Chinese that keep him awake at night, not European or American competition.

The MG4 is built to a low budget, that is true but that's why the prices are lower than everyone else.

SAIC (MGs parent) is a huge Chinese conglomerate. While anything could happen, it is unlikely they will be going anywhere.

MG communication is very poor but a good dealer can make up for a lot of it. Invest your time in finding the best dealer in your area.
Thanks

Just been told by the dealer that my MG4 SE SR in white should be in next week. Going over next Friday to finalise the PX on my current car. He said it should be there when I go. That'll be around 8 weeks from ordering. Just need to retain my private plate so that it can go straight on the new car. Well chuffed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 533 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back