New MG4 Shipment?

Looks great!
Do you have infotainment version R40? I see someone on FB got theirs yesterday and said they have R40...
Also, do you have grab handles on the ceiling above the doors? New versions are supposed to come with them I believe, but haven't seen anyone confirm in real life, or in any photos.
I checked this today and yes, R40. Very easy to use - I'm coming off a 2015 Citroen Cactus which also had screen-based controls so it feels very natural and a clear improvement.

A whole transporter full of mg4's was outside Glyn Hopkins East London this morning.Mostly trophys I think .mainly blue.couple of white and a red .
Probably not all for that dealer but there's going to be some happy customers next week .
Nice, could you tell if they were MY23 models?

I've got a Trophy coming form Oxford next week.

I read that SAIC are looking for a new manufacturing facility in Europe because of the rapid increase in demand.
This is primarily related to MG4 EV sales.
Hopefully this would be in the UK. But that will most likely require an EV Battery production facility as well.

Nice, could you tell if they were MY23 models?

I've got a Trophy coming form Oxford next week.
Got mine yesterday and it came from Bicester (probably the same one yours is coming from as bicester is next to Oxford). Black Trophy but not the MY23 version. Could be just the luck of the draw though depending on colour etc? I really like mine and tbh the lack of middle headrest does nto bother me that much as it would have probably been in the way blocking the vision. Would have liked the rear wiper but not massively (I migth change my mind when it rains though haha). One pedal driving I keep reading that it may be a sotware upgrade so that would be nice.

I read that SAIC are looking for a new manufacturing facility in Europe because of the rapid increase in demand.
This is primarily related to MG4 EV sales.
Hopefully this would be in the UK. But that will most likely require an EV Battery production facility as well.
I guess UK is unlikely. Do anyone manufacture cars in UK, and earn money on them? 🙈🤣

But it sure adds cost and complexity to ship the cars from china as well. Guess that is why Tesla made giga Berlin.

But if the manufacturing processes is highly automated like Tesla, the need for employees will be lower, thus any country in Europe would be suitable as long as battery supply, electricity and other needs are covered.

So I got my black Trophy delivered today. No rear wiper or extra headrest in the back but not too bothered.

Very happy with the car, I haven't properly taken it out yet. I'll post a pic of the car below

The only issue I have is with Octopus. I tried to sign up with the Intelligent-octopus tariff which you have to sign upto using their app. However when I get to the log into my Ohme charger screen it takes me to a random website that has nothing to do with it. After spending 30 minutes on the phone to Octopus and got absolutely no where. The guy I was talking to was talking to the "tech team" on another line and when he got back to me said he was sorry but they weren't very helpful. I said what can I do now then and he couldn't answer me. I said can I not talk to the tech team and he said it wasn't possible as they weren't "Customer facing" and then the phone went dead. So I have just emailed them instead.

Has anyone had any issues with signing up to Intelligent-octopus?

20230707_164529.jpg

My SE SR finally got delivered today having ordered in mid-Dec.
I was hoping that it was going to be a MY23, however the car was made on 01st March, so no such luck.

Either way, getting in it and driving reminded me why I made the decision I did 7 months ago 😃.

Has anyone had any issues with signing up to Intelligent-octopus?
I did when I went over to intelligent, using my PC it went through the process the first time but when it got to the test charge part it went back to the start of the process but wouldnt get to complete it. Octopus helpline was good, they contacted tech team and I was told to use the app on my phone instead. This worked almost, when I selected my car and gave it the details it confirmed the connection to the car but then said communications had failed. Another call to Octopus and they advised once it confirms connection to the car, wait 6 minutes before clicking next. It worked, the test charge was done and it's been fine ever since except when my i3 decided to turn off it's GPS location.

I did when I went over to intelligent, using my PC it went through the process the first time but when it got to the test charge part it went back to the start of the process but wouldnt get to complete it. Octopus helpline was good, they contacted tech team and I was told to use the app on my phone instead. This worked almost, when I selected my car and gave it the details it confirmed the connection to the car but then said communications had failed. Another call to Octopus and they advised once it confirms connection to the car, wait 6 minutes before clicking next. It worked, the test charge was done and it's been fine ever since except when my i3 decided to turn off it's GPS location.
OK thanks. I might try and connect via an iPad and see what happens. Otherwise I'll just join Octopus GO! I'm glad the helpline was helpful for you.

So many dealers showing/advertising as having cars available now.
There should be a UK stock computer system linking prospective buyers with dealers with stock and the ability to move them around. Basically like other manufacturers have

After chasing the company that manages my salary sacrifice scheme & Norton Way directly I've had it confirmed I'll be getting a my22 model, but although they have got it on site, they still can't give an accurate time to complete the PDI & deliver. I'm not too bothered about the model year as there were pros and cons of both for me. I mistakenly thought the PDI process was done at the docks though! I'll keep my fingers crossed and trawling the software posts/wait for Miles's input on the next video blog to see if they'll be rolling out r40 for my22.

After chasing the company that manages my salary sacrifice scheme & Norton Way directly I've had it confirmed I'll be getting a my22 model, but although they have got it on site, they still can't give an accurate time to complete the PDI & deliver. I'm not too bothered about the model year as there were pros and cons of both for me. I mistakenly thought the PDI process was done at the docks though! I'll keep my fingers crossed and trawling the software posts/wait for Miles's input on the next video blog to see if they'll be rolling out r40 for my22.
I also got mine from Norton way and was told they had the car. They never had the car and the PDI was done at the docks (You'll have the PDI sheet in the glove box on delivery)

The only thing I could possibly advise is to keep chasing them. I think every single one of my delivery updates came from me chasing them.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back