New MY23 Changes (wheels/roof/one pedal driving/rear centre headrest & new rear wiper!)

Really not fussed on these new covers at all, they look a bit Vauxhall-ish? The first gen looked a lot more dynamic - problem is I can't seem to find any 18" wheel trims other than Tesla models and I think they attach via the central wheel hub so they're probably not going to fit? If anyone knows of any universal 18" trims that look a bit more exciting than these please do let me know.

To me these are just the normal model year changes every vehicle has - the launch was a year ago, so no surprise to me. The changes are really minor and as others have said not things that make any real difference anyway.

As cars age they lose value, that's normal and new models coming out will be more desirable although "I must have a rear wiper and middle rear headrest" is not a phase you'll often hear.

There is always a new version of X coming out around the corner, like with phones, and it doesn't affect the one you already have except if you have to have the latest, which just means you're always paying through the nose for the latest thing.

To me these are just the normal model year changes every vehicle has - the launch was a year ago, so no surprise to me. The changes are really minor and as others have said not things that make any real difference anyway.

As cars age they lose value, that's normal and new models coming out will be more desirable although "I must have a rear wiper and middle rear headrest" is not a phase you'll often hear.

There is always a new version of X coming out around the corner, like with phones, and it doesn't affect the one you already have except if you have to have the latest, which just means you're always paying through the nose for the latest thing.
Agree with you, 100% new models, new features, but want don’t like is rumour that’s phase one cars will not get any further software updates.

You used the example of phones can you image if apple or Google drop all software support after less than 12 months.

EV are digital products and should be supported in the same way and most other car companies do. Now this is just a rumour from multiple sources online and we need to hear it from the horses mouth, whom seem to be tightlipped at the moment.

Last edited:
The FOMO is strong on here today. 😉
You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal

Well, I still do t know what I’m getting. Perry’s never called me back after being they would twice. Not bothered about a lease deal which is already sorted by Tusker.
Anyway, the delivery is is due tomorrow, so I’ll let you know.

Got my Trophy on Friday (yay!) and it's great and I love it. It's the 22 model and I'm still a bit twitchy about the rear wiper, but all things considered, it's not a problem for me. I've found that with regen on high, I'm doing a decent amount of one-pedal driving anyway.

I still didn't know, till it arrived, what I was getting. No clues from Tusker and Perrys never called me back. I'd have been happy with a 23 model and would have liked to know beforehand, but in the end, I got what I ordered.

Oh, and I got a MG 5M type-2 cable(!), a granny charger as well as a bag of goodies from Tusker (high-viz, replacement bulbs and whatnot). Very nice!

Got my Trophy on Friday (yay!) and it's great and I love it. It's the 22 model and I'm still a bit twitchy about the rear wiper, but all things considered, it's not a problem for me. I've found that with regen on high, I'm doing a decent amount of one-pedal driving anyway.

I still didn't know, till it arrived, what I was getting. No clues from Tusker and Perrys never called me back. I'd have been happy with a 23 model and would have liked to know beforehand, but in the end, I got what I ordered.

Oh, and I got a MG 5M type-2 cable(!), a granny charger as well as a bag of goodies from Tusker (high-viz, replacement bulbs and whatnot). Very nice!
Hope it's going well so far. I wonder if it's a Tusker thing to provide a type-2. Saves having to fork out on one privately anyway.

I got a type 2 and granny with Octopus EV too. And a nice little welcome kit. Type 2 came in very useful this weekend at an untethered 22kw point. Although it's obviously a single phase cable as car was showing 7kw.

I got a type 2 and granny with Octopus EV too. And a nice little welcome kit. Type 2 came in very useful this weekend at an untethered 22kw point. Although it's obviously a single phase cable as car was showing 7kw.
I believe the SR will max out at 7kW and the LR/Trophy can get 11kW on AC. Not many EVs have an onboard 22kW charger unless you pay extra but not an option with the MG4.

I believe the SR will max out at 7kW and the LR/Trophy can get 11kW on AC. Not many EVs have an onboard 22kW charger unless you pay extra but not an option with the MG4.
It's a pity they don't as 22kw chargers are really good they are much cheaper, certainly the chargeplace Scotland ones are and they don't have the same max time limit on them, as fast chargers. Means you can stop and if you aren't in any rush you can have a leisurely lunch and still get a decent amount of charge added in an 1hr 1hr1/2.

The max times are determined by the council, not ChargePlace Scotland, and some of them are into kicking you off smartish, but yes, you make a good point.

The max times are determined by the council, not ChargePlace Scotland, and some of them are into kicking you off smartish, but yes, you make a good point.
It depends they are obviously not all council run, there are loads at private businesses. The thing I was pointing out was that pretty much most fast chargers have a time limit whereas the 22kw chargers don't.

OK, the time limits are dependent on whoever runs the charger. I tried to open a discussion with Glasgow City Council about the four-hour limit on its type 2 car park chargers (enforced by an instant £40 fine if you click a second over), but they simply don't answer emails.

These aren't even 22Kw either. They're just bog-standard car park chargers, but if you want to go for a pre-theatre meal, or your meeting over-runs, or the opera that's on at the Theatre Royal is a long one, you're going to have to come out into the freezing rain and unplug your car.

You won't need to move it though, because nobody else will be wanting the charger. They're never all occupied at once.

It would appear that Perth and Kinross is also 4hrs limit, then a £10 overstay charge, just from checking a few in different towns in that area

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back