POLL : MG4 Xpower Steering Vibration

Does your MG4 Xpower suffer from Steering vibration when cruising around 66-70mph

• Yes my Xpower suffers from this steering vibration

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No my Xpower does not suffer from this

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Yes I would want an official MG fix

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No I wouldn't want an official MG fix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JonnyG

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Does your MG4 Xpower suffer from Steering vibration when cruising at around 66-70mph and if an official fix was available would you want it ?

Thought this might be useful to gauge numbers and the percentage experiencing the issue.

It might then be useful ammo to show the dealers / MG UK.

I gave it a 4 week timescale as I know there are quite a few recent owners who may still need to see if they get this issue.

Yes! and a FIX MG!!!!

You all know my thoughts.

It's not the end of the world for me and I do drive "around" the issue.

But......it should not be there and I want it gone.

Pic of me in my Cossie.
430BHP, 4WD, 24 years ago.
Engineered with NO steering vibrations MG!!!🤣👍
And YES, I wish I still owned it!

20231006_104718.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone's dealer acknowledged this issue yet ? I'm sure I read that one or two people on here had test driven three different Xpowers and one of the dealers acknowleged the issue.

Sounds like one dealer has acknowledged this. Keep the poll votes coming !

Anyone successfully had a fix on this yet? Tusker leasing have booked me in for 12th Dec with a local-ish MG place. I think I'm going to call the MG place today and ask them what they plan to do as no point just leaving it there for an unknown period of time while they're scratching their heads. At least a courtesy car is available, so that puts the pressure back on them rather than lose one of their service vehicles for a long time. Wondering if I should have first been told to get all 4 wheels re-balanced and then re-test??? Not my car, so not my choice.

Update. Called the MG garage and they basically said they'd need to investigate. He admitted he'd heard about MG Oz claiming to have identified the fix for the vibrate, but his get out was "MG UK haven't confirmed anything"

Last edited:
Thanks for posting and glad you are booked in for this👍 I would be politely quite firm with them and insist that it is a recognised fault on all MG4 Xpowers sold worldwide. Why else would MG Australia insist on the new dampers (to all customers - old and new) and why would SAIC provide them with the revised steering damper unless they were aware of the fault. The result of this poll so far demonstrates that no one with an XPower has voted that they do not suffer from the fault. Let us know how you get on. MG UK are looking at it "on a case by case basis" at the moment.

I'm staggered @JonnyG that we have a "No" up above?

How can just one owner not have the "vibes"??

Unless the owner is NOT driving an X Power 🤣......

Or have been digging up roads for a living and genuinely can't feel anything?

On a side note, 3000 miles in, I notice my vibes from 56mph onwards.

Make it two …
I live on rural roads, only done about 800km, but havent noticed the issue yet. Not to say the issue isnt there - Ive just not been travelling on motorways at all yet, just mostly rough rural roads. Dealer said the parts for the fix are on order anyways… will put them in when they arrive

Thanks for posting and glad you are booked in for this👍 I would be politely quite firm with them and insist that it is a recognised fault on all MG4 Xpowers sold worldwide. Why else would MG Australia insist on the new dampers (to all customers - old and new) and why would SAIC provide them with the revised steering damper unless they were aware of the fault. The result of this poll so far demonstrates that no one with an XPower has voted that they do not suffer from the fault. Let us know how you get on. MG UK are looking at it "on a case by case basis" at the moment.
Quick update. I called the MG garage assigned by lease company just to enquire if they knew of a fix or would it be investigated etc. They said they'd have to investigate as 1st time reported to them. A few hours I get an email saying appointment cancelled by MG? Waiting to hear back from lease company.

Quick update. I called the MG garage assigned by lease company just to enquire if they knew of a fix or would it be investigated etc. They said they'd have to investigate as 1st time reported to them. A few hours I get an email saying appointment cancelled by MG? Waiting to hear back from lease company.
Probably cancelled as it would be a waste of everybody's time (including yours) as MG are well aware of the issue and just need to catch up with the rest of the world in getting it sorted.

Probably cancelled as it would be a waste of everybody's time (including yours) as MG are well aware of the issue and just need to catch up with the rest of the world in getting it sorted.
I guess so but it was necessary for me to register the issue with the leasing company. I wondered if they'd initially look to balance all the wheels and send me off to see if that helped.

Wow, surprised they cancelled it !! All my emails from MG UK say I must contact my dealer as it will be looked at on a case by case basis.

Quote :

"MG Motor UK Ltd. will want a full diagnosis of your case please, hence the reason why we need you to make an appointment with the dealership."

I'm staggered @JonnyG that we have a "No" up above?

How can just one owner not have the "vibes"??

I spoke too soon !! There were none yesterday morning 😂.

The question remains : "Why would SAIC produce revised steering dampers for MG Australia if it wasn't a fault they were aware of (or were aware and thought it didn't requre a fix ?)"

You only have to Google "MG4 Xpower deliveries steering issue" and look at the top results 😉

I spoke too soon !! There were none yesterday morning 😂.

The question remains : "Why would SAIC produce revised steering dampers for MG Australia if it wasn't a fault they were aware of ?"
They probably are aware, perhaps they thought/hoped, 1000s of owners just wouldn't say owt. 🙄😲o_O Yeh right!

Wow, surprised they cancelled it !! All my emails from MG UK say I must contact my dealer as it will be looked at on a case by case basis.

Quote :

"MG Motor UK Ltd. will want a full diagnosis of your case please, hence the reason why we need you to make an appointment with the dealership."
Tusker leasing booked it in with MG near Brighton, who then have apparently cancelled it. My fault probably as I called them and then they assumed no fix yet so no point. Might ask Tusker if I can get Kwik-Fit to re-balance whilst waiting for an official MG UK response.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom