If you mean that the car power limits above 60 mph/100 kph - then that‘s a known fault and you need to get your dealer to apply the latest integrated control management system and battery management firmware updates pronto. Several threads on here about this issue.
OK, I’ve just had the worst fright. I’m on a 60mph road and it reduces to 34 mph and it’s 75% full.
The car's going back Wednesday

If you mean that the car power limits above 60 mph/100 kph - then that‘s a known fault and you need to get your dealer to apply the latest integrated control management system and battery management firmware updates pronto. Several threads on here about this issue.
Really? Oh Thank you so much I’ll tell them.
You’ve all read my posts when I didn’t have an MG and how excited I was. 😢

Exactly same here seemingly after 6/9 months the battery loses Range on 100% charge perishing the thought after 2 years 100% charge will be less than 90 miles range at this stage? It’s not the weather but the battery d cell fading rapidly. I’ve noticed I got to work daily? Only 9 miles away? Now my battery lost over 23 miles range. It’s either my work location as charged or the battery fully charged is losing 23 miles on a 9 mile designated trip ?
I’ve had mine just over 8 weeks.

Guys how do I turn off the intelligent (debatable) heating system thing plz that may help

That's a hell of a drop though. My SR is down to about 150 miles from a summer range of about 200 miles, and the LFP battery is supposed to be more severely affected by this than the NMC, which the Trophy has.
Fink mines broke Rolfe
Dangerously so

If you mean that the car power limits above 60 mph/ 100 kph - then that‘s a known fault and you need to get your dealer to apply the latest integrated control management system and battery management firmware updates pronto. Several threads on here about this issue.
Hate Chapel
I normally charge my MG4 Trophy to 80% and at the end of the month carry out 100% balancing charge. Carried this out yesterday and my range as reduced to 196 miles at 100%. Not sure whats going on. When I got the car new in June it was at 100% with a range of 280 miles. Normally I have at least 250 miles range when fully charged. Anybody else have a range drop off?
I’d love to get more than 75miles range at the moment
ChapelHouse ainsdale is crap

Which model do you have? (Your profile doesn't show).
Mr Guru happy new year it’s a SE SR mate like yours and Rolfes I think

It’s MY22

OK - that ties in with other people who have had the power limiting issue, as they had MY22 SE SR as I recall.

Re. intelligent battery heating ... click on the Battery tile, then it's under one of the 3 screens; the Energy Consumption one I think.

OK - that ties in with other people who have had the power limiting issue, as they had MY22 SE SR as I recall.

Re. intelligent battery heating ... click on the Battery tile, then it's under one of the 3 screens; the Energy Consumption one I think.
Ok I’ll go and do that right now thanks Mr Guru

I'm not resetting anything. It says 147 miles at 100%, and I'm not kidding myself it will be any better. If things warm up it will gradually up its estimates anyway.
Mine currently comes up at around 189 at 100% which is very accurate in these winter conditions with the temp set to 21 and the occasionally traffic light pull off :giggle:

Well guys it’s been real 😊 and a pleasure to have chatted with you all. But not being able to drive to York and spend Xmas with my family and today again nearly causing a multiple pile up on the M62 slowing down in the fast lane I have cancelled my contract and am
Going back to a KIA Niro.
I wish you all health wealth and happiness and happy safe driving, always.
Best Wishes
Ally

Having a heatpump I’m currently somewhere between 250 and 290 kilometers with my MG4 Luxury 2022 model. The GOM now indicates 110 km’s left on a 31% charge remaining. Mind though it’s 10 degrees Celsius over here, haven’t had any subzero temperatures yet.

Sometimes range is a bit lower when my AC needs to work hard to get rid of all the moisture in the car.

Some mention extending range by turning AC and fans off. I am really unable to drive with AC or fans off in moist or rainy weather conditions. I really wonder how some of you pull that off 🤔

On the basic SR version (in UK), i've seen it as low as 136miles, which is about right in practice. Not a major issue as such, but if you do a lot of travel away from home in winter then it can be problematic - Our annual holiday in Scotland, each January was going to be in the MG4 (500 miles each way), but it isn't really a valid option, so will have to dig out our old VW Tiguan like last year.

On the basic SR version (in UK), i've seen it as low as 136miles, which is about right in practice. Not a major issue as such, but if you do a lot of travel away from home in winter then it can be problematic - Our annual holiday in Scotland, each January was going to be in the MG4 (500 miles each way), but it isn't really a valid option, so will have to dig out our old VW Tiguan like last year.
My SR in this weather is showing after a charge about 175 without having any heating which is more than enough for the school run and gym

178miles I had this morning - but the reality is much less on motorway driving (I average around 3miles / Kw in winter) - but locally no issues what so ever, as can just charge at home as and when - but this is no different from an ICE car - 25% less miles in winter?

I have been running at around 50% battery level and the GOM has indicated 200 miles at 100%. However, I now need to bring the car up to 100% for a long journey so I charged to 80% today (granny charger) and the GOM is now 204 miles, eg. ~250 for 100%. Is this a function of the battery's discharge characteristics, do you think?

We are on a 200 mile trip next Saturday, the Wife's dirty diesel BMW will be used for that one. All other trips of less than 80 miles we do in my MG4 LR

Your LR should do that ok with maybe a quick Rapid charge or 7kW while at your destination?
Agreed! A 200 mile trip might need one charge stop at this time of year. Limiting use to no more than 80 miles seems a little too cautious to me!

We stopped using our dirty diesel other than for trips to the dump the day we got our Trophy. This included choosing the MG for several 350 mile trips to Scotland, two of them in December. We do 160 miles at 70mph to our first charge stop and arrive there with at least 20% remaining in winter and around 30% in summer. I can't remember the exact figures as I no longer pay any great attention to them as I know we'll get there comfortably.

p.s. We've given our ancient Peugeot 5008 diesel to my son so he has to do our heavy hauling now!

After a good few trips driving in winter now, I can say what makes the most difference by far is whether you have battery heating on. For short trips with it on, it bottoms out at 2.0 miles/kWh, which is I understand the min. it will display, off it gets a fair bit better, around 3, though I haven't made a note of the exact numbers. I now only keep the battery heating on when charging and for short trips, turning it off for the any motorway journeys, which should keep it reasonably heated anyway, and it's not so far affected DC charging speeds, still well over 100kW to 50%. Motorway range is a bit less than in summer, but not worryingly so.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back