so.. who misses their ICE car....

Current state of my wife's car.
So no I don't miss ICE :D
IMG_20231110_151331.jpg

I'm remembering these drives south in my ICE cars. My plan was usually to leave mid-morning and hit Killington Lake about lunchtime. It's about a couple of hours drive. I was of the mindset that I'd rather keep going regardless, but I pretty much forced myself to stop for a break and a bite when I was alone.

If I had a passenger though, almost invariably the bleating about stopping for a break would start long before Killington Lake. I would protest in vain that Gretna was ridiculously soon, that Southwaite was a dump and that Killington Lake had nice food and an even nicer view, but always was told that it was too far.

This is the reality of long motorway drives. Most people don't want to go on and on without a break. A stop on an ultra-rapid charger is timed just about right. People will easily get used to timing these breaks to suit the car.

I'm still upset about Killington Lake. I'd like to go back to stopping there. But my stop has now changed to Greenlands Farm for the foreseeable. Killington Lake itself is in the middle of bloody nowhere, and I think one of the most difficult sites to get a decent electricity supply to. It probably needs some storage batteries to allow power to be collected overnight to charge the cars a bit faster during the day, at least until they sort out the grid connection.

So yes, not having the ICE car does limit your choices at the moment. But this is going to be sorted. Eventually all the service stations will be upgraded, and will have a dozen or even two dozen ultra-rapids. Anyone who wants to will be able to drive straight into one of these and get on a charger without an inordinate delay - just as they can get a petrol pump with occasionally only a short queue today.

But at the moment, we get to see new places! It's not all bad.

Oops, apologies. 🙂

Not at all. You're not expected to be psychic.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back