State of Community check

Do you fit into any of the categories below?

• Total voters
I propose this State of Community check. It’s too easy to only see one side so let’s see where the sentiment lays across owners and potential owners at the moment.
Well done Brettus a very useful topic.

The following article extract also shows buyers voting with their money -

"Driving the EV sales for MG was the MG4 EV. The MG4 is also the second highest-selling new electric car so far this year, continuing to offer customers style, practicality, and outstanding value for money. Over 5,200 units of the multi-award-winning MG4 have been delivered so far this year. The MG4 is the brand’s first all-electric hatchback and it has been receiving good reviews in the UK since it was launched in September 2022. This is now translating into very good sales figures."

Pre Orders being taken here in Australia since just after Easter with projected deliveries expected to start July/ August. We shall see.

Last edited:
Goodness knows. I did phone my computer guru to ask if the OS could be upgraded to Android 10 and he said no. I have no idea whether my OS is the stripped down version or not, but I haven't been able to find a way to get Android Auto on to it. (My friend checked her phone last night and it was all there. She has a VW Polo that isn't set up for it. We wondered if we should swap phones or cars...)

I've had the phone four years and it may be time for an upgrade anyway. The saga of me and Ariel Direct needs to be brought to a close anyway. (They are the reason I have this crappy cheap phone - they scammed me out of an upgrade I was due from O2.)
If I remember correctly you have Motorola moto e5 play. So yep has only 2gb of ram and has the go edition of android. That's why will not install Android auto app. It would need the full version of android 8 flashing to install Android auto app. With only 2gb of ram would be iffy.

moto e5 play specifications​

Operating systemAndroid™ 8.0, Oreo™
Go edition
System architecture/processorQualcomm® Snapdragon™ 425/427 processor with 1.4GHz quad-core CPU and Adreno 308 GPU
memory (RAM)2 GB
storage (ROM)16 GB with microSD Card support (up to 256 GB)
dimensions151 x 74 x 8.85 mm
weight150 g
display5.2” LCD
HD(1280x720)
battery2800 mAh, interchangeable

10W rapid charger

Yeah, I need a new phone. That one did what I wanted it to do at the time, after Aeriel Direct conned me out of the new phone I was due with the O2 contract I had back in 2018. Time to move on.

Just resurrecting this one to give people opportunity to update their votes or add new ones if they didn’t see it yet or are new owners etc. I’m amazed by the response so far and think/hope this is genuinely useful data/opinion summarisation for prospective buyers (myself included!) 🙏

My own experience is mixed. The car itself is great, it suits me down the ground but comes with its misgivings due to the defects found and my experiences with my dealer which have been woeful to date.

Other, Why?

We placed a deposit on a cancelled order, MG4 TLR in grey, was going to be around two months delivery. We cancelled that when we found out the same garage had a cancel ZS TLR in red, which is what we really wanted in the first place. Although with another few weeks delivery.
The garage has hung onto the car now for over a month while we got our charge point installed this coming Tuesday. Collecting the car this Wednesday 21/6.

Great service from Bristol Street Motors Beaconsfield.

Last edited:
Yeah, I need a new phone. That one did what I wanted it to do at the time, after Aeriel Direct conned me out of the new phone I was due with the O2 contract I had back in 2018. Time to move on.
I recommend buying a snapdragon based Xiaomi from AliExpress. I've had a number, and they are brilliant (Redmi Pro, Poco F4)... just get the international version in the flavour (spec) you like.

If you're wary of buying a phone from China, you can get most of the popular Xiaomi models from Amazon. :)

Bumping this one back up to get the latest opinions and maybe update some. Hope everyone that has seen it a few times already doesn’t mind.

Some time later and iv'e changed my vote. i'm happier with the car, so I'll give some context.
As I now have 95% of my original issue list resolved (after some battling and much travelling) I just have software bugs remaining, which I have booked into have fixed in two months time, yep, local dealer availability is woeful.

Some time later and iv'e changed my vote. i'm happier with the car, so I'll give some context.
As I now have 95% of my original issue list resolved (after some battling and much travelling) I just have software bugs remaining, which I have booked into have fixed in two months time, yep, local dealer availability is woeful.
🤞🏻 for you.....I'm hoping for better luck this time 😬

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel