Tesla Superchargers

pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I had to do 250 mile unplanned trip up north yesterday, left my house with 40% and proceeded to the Banbury Superchargers, this was my first public charge with my MG4 (only had it 2wks)

I've also never used a supercharger before so was a little unsure of the process, well, everything went smoothly and got decent speeds of 96kW which I was impressed with considering the battery was cold and on 35% when I arrived.

I really hope more of the supercharger network opens up because pricing wise it's very reasonable 0.49 per kWh.

I'm going to try and use superchargers as often as possible now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a shot on one just to check that it works, and can confirm it was very easy indeed. And quick. The charger said it might take up to two minutes to start the charge, but then it started within a few seconds.

If you plan to do a lot of longer trips in any month sign up to the £10.99 Tesla subscription as it will reduce the costs to closer to under 40p/kWh in some cases at some times of day. You can cancel the subscription for any months you are not planning to use the Tesla network

Yep; used them a few times. I think the one I used in Newmarket (just before Christmas) was only 36p - early evening.

If you plan to do a lot of longer trips in any month sign up to the £10.99 Tesla subscription as it will reduce the costs to closer to under 40p/kWh in some cases at some times of day. You can cancel the subscription for any months you are not planning to use the Tesla network
Note that the subscription limits the amount of charges you will get the discount for.
You can only supercharge 5 times... per day!

@pecker should see the full 140kW that the Trophy is capable of, all the way up to around 55%-60% full, if they start with less charge in a warm battery. The car will still accept around 60kW when the battery reaches 80% full.

Yeah I did a near 600 mile round-trip last weekend using only Tesla SCs with the membership option. Saved over £5 and still have nearly a month of membership left. Would recommend using SCs any trip if they're available.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back