The MG4 SE 1100R33 Infotainment Thread

What about the temperature on the HVAC screen? Is it still out by 5 degrees?

What about your auto lights - would they still come on in bright sunshine if you put the original sensor cover back on?

Not much more outstanding that I can think of other than sort out the colour change in the SoC displays, which is clearly meant to go amber at some intermediate stage and then red at about 10%, and ALLOW THAT INFERNAL AUTO-LOCK TO BE DISABLED!!!!
My luxury doesn't have auto lock, and hvac is spot on now. Using 23°C in my car. It wasn't R46 that sorted it out, but a hvac control unit update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we know the Trophy doesn't have the auto-lock bug. (That's why we're talking about it in the thread about the SE update.)

That's interesting about the HVAC temperature. I don't know if any SE owner has reported a similar fix or not.

Yes, we know the Trophy doesn't have the auto-lock bug. (That's why we're talking about it in the thread about the SE update.)

That's interesting about the HVAC temperature. I don't know if any SE owner has reported a similar fix or not.

I got it installed because the pre heating wasn't warm, but it also fixed the 5°C off bug.

That's interesting. Do you know anything more about the update? It might be that these updates are the same for the SE and the Trophy, as I think the HVAC system is the same in both models.

There was one update for my air pump. That didn't do anything special, but the HVAC control unit update did. That's the only thing I know.

ALLOW THAT INFERNAL AUTO-LOCK TO BE DISABLED!!!!
1702103557595.png

I had 3 recall updates applied by the dealer as I broke down losing the 12V. Including the service I asked for all updates to be done but I’m still on R13. I’ll call them back again Monday but I take it if someone was lucky enough to get all updates they still didn’t get the one pedal driving? My SE SR is the first batch with tinted windows

FYI if you haven’t had the recall updates done. Get it done as I read elsewhere that one of the fixes was a 12V charging issue.

HVAC I've still left at 25C and haven't noticed any difference in cabin temperature. But then it's been baltic recently so maybe I wouldn't.

Auto lights I've retained the "topless" cover for now. I haven't really been driving at dawn or dusk though so I can't really tell if there's any difference. (When it's light the lights are off, when it's dark they're on, and I haven't done enough driving since - apart from that long trip down to the homeland, but that was in daylight both ways - to form an opinion).

Auto-locking ... well, it's a Meh from me as it's never bothered me. :)

But all-in-all the updates have improved the car - especially the ACC and the (now) lack of slow down in sweeping bends.

I just had my first Service today as I couldnt get an earlier date but within Manufacturer servicing Schedule. I have done 6600 miles my Battery SOH is currently showing 97%.

I have never charged at a fast charger only the 7KW charger at home and I mostly charge to 100% at least weekly.

A Trophy also had theirs serviced when I was there and their Mileage was 8500 but with 99 SOH.

Interesting that we have the same car and colour, and collected on the same date. :)

I'm still awaiting feedback from the garage about the SoH of the battery. 🙄

Is there a calculation that could be done to work out the SOH of the battery. I,m thinking along the lines of charging to 100% and balancing. Then driving and seeing what the odometer says when 100 drops to 99% which hopefully should tell you what is stored above 100%, ie 15 kms (winter) is 3kw . Or is the buffer just at the lower range of the battery.

@siteguru - I’m booked in for updates next week. Fingers crossed they get all updated correctly. He did tell me I was due the SCUK001 update, and would do the infotainment as I’ve been having some other issues with CarPlay recently…yesterday it froze 3 times, and when driving last night the car felt like LKA was stuck on, but not just when straddling lines, it felt like the steering was sticky. It was so bad I had to pull over and reboot…luckily that sorted it!

I've been out in the car and taken some photos of the Engineer menu - i.e. what we can access in the SE without the password.

Main menu:
1702480089423.png

Version details:
HU: (Redacted as it shows my car's VIN and serial number)
1702481193533.png

TBox:
1702480206518.png

Navigation:
1702480243580.png

VR:
1702480273670.png

PhoneLink:
1702480302071.png

Bluetooth:
1702480330204.png

App: (There'll be other details as you scroll down - I didn't notice at the time of taking the photo)
1702480361162.png

Info under the Update USB button: (I obviously didn't press any Update button)
1702480640941.png

1702480663743.png

More to follow in the next post as I've reached the Attached Files limit.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel