Unconfirmed specs

Here is a pic of the MG4 Trophy @Miles Roberts CG saw with DRLs in the main lights. The indicators are the verticals by the look of it and I imagine the spec written on the website is a question of translation from Chinese to English as the website went live before a car was actually seen.
Aren't DRLs meant to turn off when the headlights come on?
Is it possible we are not seeing the vertical DRLs in the Trophy as in all reviews the headlights have been switched on? Just a thought...

Is there an FM receiver as well as DAB radio?

I've not seen a roof top aerial or shark fin. Have these not been fitted in images and videos shared to date or is there an aerial fitted flush to body or embedded within screen?

Aren't DRLs meant to turn off when the headlights come on?
Is it possible we are not seeing the vertical DRLs in the Trophy as in all reviews the headlights have been switched on? Just a thought...
Absolutely could be the case, as the majority of reviews seem to have taken place in overcast light or rain. In those circumstances, your main lights should be on.

What we can say is the Trophy spec has the vertical light in the bumper area. The SE does not.
What this vertical light does we've yet to confirm exactly.

Thanks for posting that. So the vertical bar on the Trophy is the DRL and indicators on the car in the video. So is it configured in the same way in the UK?

From scouring the online videos, I think the ‘eyelashes’ are the DRLs on all variants. The SE has indicators in the headlight housing and traditional projector led headlights. The Trophy has reflectors and led lights perpendicular to them. The indicators are relocated into the vertical bar in the side air scoops. The vertical bar light only functions as the indicator and does not have a DRL. I believe the front fog lamps, if fitted, are a function of the headlights.

From scouring the online videos, I think the ‘eyelashes’ are the DRLs on all variants. The SE has indicators in the headlight housing and traditional projector led headlights. The Trophy has reflectors and led lights perpendicular to them. The indicators are relocated into the vertical bar in the side air scoops. The vertical bar light only functions as the indicator and does not have a DRL. I believe the front fog lamps, if fitted, are a function of the headlights.
Yes I would agree and think you have gotten to the bottom of this issue. As the Trophy has a multi reflector array LED Headlamp (possibly Matrix capable) it doesn't have room for the integral indicators that the SE has. As a consequence, the indicators are relocated as a vertical unit within the bumpers. The DRL element appear to be the same for all models.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back