Vehicle Control System Fault - New MG ZS EV 2022

Please let us know how it goes on the next rapid charge, now you have received the update !.
For MG to release an update on this problem via D/C units this early, tells me they KNOW they have a problem for sure !.
Am I correct in thinking, that this "Lock Out" on the HV battery, only happens when using D/C rapid chargers, because I have not heard of anybody having a problems using the A/C 7 kw units ?.
OK, I've done 2 Rapid charges since the fix, one on a local 50 Kw Ospray before I went away again on my next long trip, and the next at my destination in Wales on a 50Kw PodPoint Rapid. Both charges went well. This time I decided to end the charge using the car's in-built functionality via the infotainment screen, however, the car must be fully ON or Ready to even get to this screen, but it worked just fine and stopped the charge with the car ON with no errors. My only minor issue was the car wouldn't release the connector after stopping it at the PodPoint, I had to use the manual release under the bonnet. But overall the car charged and worked just fine this time. Seems like the software fix they did at the dealers has fixed the issue for me.

Happened to me today at geniepoint chargercharger through bonnet
Screenshot_2022-04-22-19-11-38-066_com.android.chrome.jpg

I see MG are putting this out on their Twitter account now...

Not sure that helps anyone as it's clearly a fault, but it's too coincidental for it to be random.

Not sure that helps anyone as it's clearly a fault, but it's too coincidental for it to be random.

Very short and sweet ! :ROFLMAO: .
If only it was that simple folks, then the recovery bill from the A.A. would be a bit less !.

I don't think the initial couple of replies are the engagement they were looking for :ROFLMAO:

Yeah wasn't a bot, I thought it was at start but as conversation went on I realised it wasnt

Hi Billy , what were the circumstances that led up to the car bricking ?? Was car turned on at any point?
To be honest I can't say for sure. My normal routine when I park anywhere would be push in park turn off car then get out so I would assume I did that. Driver's door was deffinately left open as I had my son in car

I dont have ****ter, if i had, i would gladly help fill up their feed with questions about the cars bricking on charge.

I am hoping to get my car in for fitment of the "out of stock" trailer hitch within a month, and when they call me to confirm the install date, i will be sure to ask if it will also be getting the update for the "Car bricks when fastcharging" while i am at it, and if not, they will be told, to charge my car up, while fitting the trailer hitch, as i dont fancy leaving, having to go charge, and then having the car to be towed back to them when it bricks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom