shaun38

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all just having a tidy up and noticed the boot floor is wet underneath the tray where the pump and towing eye sits any one have this issue at all thanks.

Cheers got to say im kinda fed up of it. It was only by chance I seen the water so god knows how long it’s been like it. Think I’m giving it back and go else where. Shame I love the car as well but little things are adding up.

Cheers got to say im kinda fed up of it. It was only by chance I seen the water so god knows how long it’s been like it. Think I’m giving it back and go else where. Shame I love the car as well but little things are adding up.
How long have you had the car and has it been back to the dealers yet.

A month.
1st issue software they couldn’t sort it in the time of waiting for mg overseas to send info I sorted it.
The car still has a issue with the star buttons and now found all this water and dont really want to keep a car for the next 3 years which has had water in the boot for god knows how long. Frustrating lol.

If you are over the 30 days then they are entitled to one opportunity to fix a fault deemed to be making the car not fit for purpose, if they don't fix it then you can try and reject it.
The leak would definitely come under not fit for purpose, not sure about the software glitches, as they all have them to one extent or another.

Thanks for the info 👍 really frustrating as sold a perfectly good mazda with no issues and in my opinion if the water has got into electronics at some point there is going to be more issues inevitably.

Cars, especially electric cars, are designed to withstand water ingress. It is highly unlikely that it will have done any damage. I would remove everything from the area and dry it out.
The most common areas for water leaks in that area are damaged or incorrectly fitted boot seals or rear light gaskets damaged or lights not tightened up correctly.
My Tesla Model 3 has had this exact issue. Cure was to tighten the rear light mounting nuts.

Hi,
This is now the second time I have had water ingress in the boot lid after heavy rain. First event thought nothing of it and lifted boot lid and removed one of the rubber bungs and drained it.
This morning, after heavy rain, went to put something in the boot and heard the water running around the lid, once again removed the bung by the hinge and left it to drain. Anyone else has this issue? Booked it in for investigation but not till end of October due to lack of engineers.

Not had that issue, but you definitely need to get that fixed. Water ingress like that will do no good at all.
As for technician availability, I feel your pain. I have to wait until November for a simple software update !

Hi,
This is now the second time I have had water ingress in the boot lid after heavy rain. First event thought nothing of it and lifted boot lid and removed one of the rubber bungs and drained it.
This morning, after heavy rain, went to put something in the boot and heard the water running around the lid, once again removed the bung by the hinge and left it to drain. Anyone else has this issue? Booked it in for investigation but not till end of October due to lack of engineers.
Mine was like this boot light housing filled with water when opened boot all gushed out over me and then inside the boot.never bothered looking at fixing just got rid of the car I would get it booked into your dealer as this is a issue

Hi all,
Another heavy night of rain and yet again boot lid contains water, not sure if I'm barking up wrong tree here but we have had rain recently and no issues, but it only seems to happen when I park my car off drive and park halfon/off pavement outside premises I may be completely wrong.
Car going into dealership next Friday for investigation

Hi all,
Another heavy night of rain and yet again boot lid contains water, not sure if I'm barking up wrong tree here but we have had rain recently and no issues, but it only seems to happen when I park my car off drive and park halfon/off pavement outside premises I may be completely wrong.
Car going into dealership next Friday for investigation
Would suggest that the angle is causing water to run down where it should not.

Hi,
Can't see any splits in seals. The water is actually in the boot lid but when I drain it with the boot lid open it runs down the sides and some gets into boot. Only thing I can think of is seal on rear window or were number plate has been screwed on, but I'm no expert.

Hi,
Can't see any splits in seals. The water is actually in the boot lid but when I drain it with the boot lid open it runs down the sides and some gets into boot. Only thing I can think of is seal on rear window or were number plate has been screwed on, but I'm no expert.
Sometimes dealers roughly drill the number plate holes and make a mess of it. Could be that.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back