Well merged or not, no answers to what it is (some references to the seal, some to the light clusters idk I’m not messing with it. Booked in to summit garage on 1st. The inflator kit was soaked and if you look in the green bucket (Georges belly) sucked up about a coke cans worth. Can confirm the cheap v2l adapters on eBay will happily power 1200w load no problem - every cloud.

This may explain the foggy rear window! I’d advise all to take the inflator tray out and have a look. The kit is now drying in the house.

Attachments

• IMG_9557.jpeg
    IMG_9557.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 119
  • B60995BE-0D0C-48A1-BDF9-337BFE133BDB.jpeg
    B60995BE-0D0C-48A1-BDF9-337BFE133BDB.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 136
Had some water in the boot, under the tyre repair set. Was almost one liter of water.
Oh dear … looks like we have found a flaw. Wet and dry vac gets a fair chunk out but it appears to be under the felt liner aswell so sucking it out is a must. Urgh

My MG4 SE is letting water get into the boot and filling up the area below the tyre air compressor tray. No sign of how it’s getting in! Dealer can’t book it in for warranty investigation until Jan 24! Anyone had similar experience or found a solution?

My MG4 SE is letting water get into the boot and filling up the area below the tyre air compressor tray. No sign of how it’s getting in! Dealer can’t book it in for warranty investigation until Jan 24! Anyone had similar experience or found a solution?
From what I can see, it might be a loose seal around the boot lid spoiler

From what I can see, it might be a loose seal around the boot lid spoiler
Ooh that’s interesting. Since getting the water out with a vac and leaving the toolkit and floor liner aside it has started to dry out. It’s gone from swimming pool to damp though I haven’t washed the car which makes me think it could be as you say water sitting in the boot spoiler (I have an SE so no top spoiler).

I can’t see where the ingress is but will report back after the 1st with what they say.

Whilst opening the boot this morning noticed the the plastic ducktail spoiler is starting to work loose ( SE range) this when wobbled breaks the seal between the bottom of the rear screen and the plastic. Its not leaked yet and will most likely be an easy fix for the dealership but for 30secs work putting locktite on the screws when put together could have saved a load of hassle further ( in this case 10 weeks) down the line.

Whilst opening the boot this morning noticed the the plastic ducktail spoiler is starting to work loose ( SE range) this when wobbled breaks the seal between the bottom of the rear screen and the plastic. Its not leaked yet and will most likely be an easy fix for the dealership but for 30secs work putting locktite on the screws when put together could have saved a load of hassle further ( in this case 10 weeks) down the line.
Thats some good observing… would you happen to have any pics for myself and others ?

Had to go to Brive this afternoon (4.00pm)so popped into the dealers to see if I could book it in . Chappie had a quick look, took the keys off me , and they fixed it immediately , they then jet washed it and gave it back , total time 40 minutes , pretty impressed. I took the time to look around the new stock and one of the SE models there also had a very slightly loose spoiler which will most likely get worse once its on the road. The Trophy models seemed better, but apologies to all new owners for the fingerprints. So definitely something to keep an eye on even though mine stayed dry.

I took it to summit, apparently couldn’t find a leak. Well yes it would be dry I dried the boot as it was about 2 weeks to see them. Oh we have had a watering can on it and can’t find anything. Told the m to tighten the spoiler which apparently they did.

First good rain now and it’s rather moist again. I’m not wasting my time again spent all day hanging round for them to say oh you’d have to leave it with us blah blah. I’m getting to the point of let it rot, fed up of British Gas and their shoddy smart meters/tariffs/morons, let alone car issues now. Shouldn’t have a car I have to mess with as it’s the most expensive I’ve ever had. Fed up having to keep taking time off work (ain’t happening as I started a new job this week) and phoning people up for hours on end because they are inept.

Last edited:
Someone on Facebook has had water in boot and their garage has found that it's getting in behind the rear bumper.

My Ford Focus had a similar problem. The water was running down the gully at the side of the tailgate, round the rear light unit and entering the boot via the cabin air vent seals behind the bumper. The solution was to take the bumper off and reseat the vents using a silicon adhesive.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back