Windscreen Washers

The washer bottle only holds 2.5l so that would contribute to multiple fills too.
My old Renault Scenics was about 4l
It would I agree, my kadjar is 5 litres so double the capacity, but I have had to fill it 5 times so I’ve used about 12.5 litres in the MG compared to the original 5 in the kadjar over the same time period (kadjar still ain’t empty yet either).

My Golf had a 5 litre screen wash reservoir, and a dashboard warning when it got down to about a litre. (I had the "winter pack" option which included heated seats and gave the larger reservoir.) I get that the MG4 is built down to a price, but there's not exactly a shortage of space under the bonnet so I don't see the point in such a small reservoir.

Fun fact. The Golf's screen wash reservoir was IN the front bumper. The result of that was that if the fluid froze, that was that. It would not thaw again till spring. I had to buy expensive -70-degrees rated screen wash from VW which was the only stuff that didn't freeze.

Ik think the problem lies in the fact that the wiper frequency is speed dependent so i think that the washer pump is coupled. The lower the speed the lower the pump pressure, maybe voltage driven. Could someone connect the pump to s direct 12 volt and see what happens.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back