Would you buy an MG 4 again?

Actually it's £11,89 if we're playing those games 🤣😘

View attachment 21624
Not for me - I followed your link and got this:

1700140631495.png

The £11.99 options were Used - Like New from other sellers. :)

Not for me - I followed your link and got this:

View attachment 21627

The £11.99 options were Used - Like New from other sellers. :)

Or........has there been a cheeky price rise?

My box was sealed and untouched and I assumed I'd bought new.
Anyway, jolly good price I'm sure you'll 👍

I have mentioned it before. Not sure if this is true in Scotland someone can check but in England McDonald's have charging. Don't stick to motorways. Usually there is McDonalds near you.
Yeh and free at Aldi too only in the NW of England Maccys don’t have chargers neither do Aldi (Sefton at least don’t)

I was asked the title of thread the other day and made me think about it , and probably no I wouldn’t buy again .
Just too many glitchy issues that are all well documented (tyre pressure monitoring issues constantly, rattling boot , cheap feeling , annoying lane departure etc ) in another 2 and a bit years when it goes back I won’t be looking too hard at another MG 4
I hear you about the tyre pressure things but just pump them up a bit no?

First week owning the Xpower.

It's been a hoot flying off and leaving everyone else as specks in my rear vision mirror.

The small details are irksome but so far I'm having a blast.
I can’t even imagine the g force shooting off the lights, the MG4 SE is quite enuff for me 😆

Its the perfect old bloke's car; doctors say as you get older you need to keep your brain active and recommend sudoku, crosswords, university challenge etc. Scrub that and get an MG; apart from the routine of disabling systems you have to work out your range, battery usage, speed read the warning signs, work out all the mystery bongs, get used to the world passing quickly by if your right foot's a bit heavy and worry that all the mishaps on this forum may happen to you, and look out for the pre-emptive signs that they may occur. All in all nearly a full time occupation. I've started to get used to mine so I'm becoming a little blasé about it. I feel I qualify as trainee old codger so would I get another one, yes, perhaps they could make it more complicated and introduce more brain teasers into the next generation models.

perhaps they could make it more complicated and introduce more brain teasers into the next generation models.
Based on what I deal with at work and with parents, just make it so you have to enter and remember one password before you drive it. Absolutely nailed then.

Password? I don’t enter a password
Read both posts again. Especially the final comment about the next generation.

Perhaps MG could put a reading comprehension test in before you drive too, that's 99.99% of the population in trouble, not just the older ones. :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps MG could put a reading comprehension test in before you drive too, that's 99.99% of the population in trouble, not just the older ones. :ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah haha wooly headed this afternoon

Yes.
My biggest regret after getting my MG4 SE SR is not going for the Trophy instead. I was an idiot. I was a little intimidated by the Trophy but now although I’m super happy with Maggie the MG4 SE SR I wish I had given the Trophy a bit more consideration. Just for the rear camera and heated bits n pieces really. I’m not fond of the spoiler but I could’ve maybe taken that off and sold it to someone on here. I’m good with Maggie but if I did it all over again I’d go Trophy.

Surely if you need to comprehend reading could you not just bring it up on google maps, it works for poole.:D

Yes.
My biggest regret after getting my MG4 SE SR is not going for the Trophy instead. I was an idiot. I was a little intimidated by the Trophy but now although I’m super happy with Maggie the MG4 SE SR I wish I had given the Trophy a bit more consideration. Just for the rear camera and heated bits n pieces really. I’m not fond of the spoiler but I could’ve maybe taken that off and sold it to someone on here. I’m good with Maggie but if I did it all over again I’d go Trophy.

Aw, what a shame. I knew I didn't want the Trophy when I went to the dealer, and although he gave me my test drive in a Trophy (the boss's own car!) he didn't persuade me. 5,000 miles in and I'm really happy with my decision.

Now, if they brought out an X-Power in the SE spec with an LFP battery, I could be tempted...

To be fair, he's set up a career moaning about his Taycan.... I personaly question his validity, if he's THAT dis-satisfied with EV motoring, why perpetuate his trauma , trade it in for an ICE and stop plaguing youTube with moan videos

I more than question it. I think he really likes that car and wouldn't go back to a petrol car on a bet. His cover story is that the car has suffered massive depreciation and he will lose a packet if he ends the lease early but he's running out of road on that one.

He had a moderately successful YouTube channel based on reviewing fish and chip shops. I didn't know that was so profitable but he bought that Taycan and loaded it with all the extras in the book, which is a good way to get massive depreciation. £120,000 purchase price.

At some point, either before or after buying the car, he realised that anti-EV propaganda sells. The internet is crawling with Luddites whipped up by the Daily Mail and anti-EV articles get huge numbers of clicks and comments. What better way to increase the reach of the channel than to take advantage of that, and the format of having the frustrated EV driver complain about his terrible car was already well established.

It has worked. He's getting four times the views for the anti-EV videos than for the fish and chips. He keeps saying that he isn't sponsored and so he's unbiassed and telling it like it is, but he must be coining it.

But the only thing he actually has to complain about is the poor public charging infrastructure. His stock in trade is to pretend that there is no other way to charge a car, but he has a wall box. He also makes much more of a meal of the charging than necessary. He misses the good modern hubs with plenty of chargers and homes in on the slow, broken and busy sites. His car satnav can more or less do what a Tesla's does, but he moans about all the planning and pretends he's flying blind.

He has also misrepresented the car, complaining about the way it functions and the layers of menus on the infotainment screen, concealing the fact that the car has full voice controls and the driver doesn't need to touch a thing.

It's all an act. The mask slips occasionally, but the Luddite acolytes don't notice. He loves the car. He mentioned moving house next year and getting an Octopus tariff. (No idea why he doesn't have one already.) Not the plan of a man desperate to move back to an ICE car.

I would take a fair bet that he'll either keep the car at the end of the lease or move to the new model with the 2.6 second 0-60 time. It will be interesting to see what story he dreams up to explain that to the acolytes.

No dyed in the wool petrolhead buys a £120,000 electric sports car. It's an act to monetise the channel, and it's a good one and he's laughing all the way to the bank. It's hard to say just how much real damage he's doing, but he's certainly not helping.

I more than question it. I think he really likes that car and wouldn't go back to a petrol car on a bet. His cover story is that the car has suffered massive depreciation and he will lose a packet if he ends the lease early but he's running out of road on that one.

He had a moderately successful YouTube channel based on reviewing fish and chip shops. I didn't know that was so profitable but he bought that Taycan and loaded it with all the extras in the book, which is a good way to get massive depreciation. £120,000 purchase price.

At some point, either before or after buying the car, he realised that anti-EV propaganda sells. The internet is crawling with Luddites whipped up by the Daily Mail and anti-EV articles get huge numbers of clicks and comments. What better way to increase the reach of the channel than to take advantage of that, and the format of having the frustrated EV driver complain about his terrible car was already well established.

It has worked. He's getting four times the views for the anti-EV videos than for the fish and chips. He keeps saying that he isn't sponsored and so he's unbiassed and telling it like it is, but he must be coining it.

But the only thing he actually has to complain about is the poor public charging infrastructure. His stock in trade is to pretend that there is no other way to charge a car, but he has a wall box. He also makes much more of a meal of the charging than necessary. He misses the good modern hubs with plenty of chargers and homes in on the slow, broken and busy sites. His car satnav can more or less do what a Tesla's does, but he moans about all the planning and pretends he's flying blind.

He has also misrepresented the car, complaining about the way it functions and the layers of menus on the infotainment screen, concealing the fact that the car has full voice controls and the driver doesn't need to touch a thing.

It's all an act. The mask slips occasionally, but the Luddite acolytes don't notice. He loves the car. He mentioned moving house next year and getting an Octopus tariff. (No idea why he doesn't have one already.) Not the plan of a man desperate to move back to an ICE car.

I would take a fair bet that he'll either keep the car at the end of the lease or move to the new model with the 2.6 second 0-60 time. It will be interesting to see what story he dreams up to explain that to the acolytes.

No dyed in the wool petrolhead buys a £120,000 electric sports car. It's an act to monetise the channel, and it's a good one and he's laughing all the way to the bank. It's hard to say just how much real damage he's doing, but he's certainly not helping.
Agreed, I’ll happily take his Porsche and be delighted to use the charging set up. I do like fish but give me boiled potatoes please - I do not like chips !

To the inital question would I buy the 4 again - Nope !
Mine is perfectly Brill now & cant see me moving it on for quiet a few years - Its just getting better the more miles I do - Especially as the s/w has now been sorted v46 .. Would I upgrade to a X-Power .. HMMM now that's a tough one... ignore the depreciation of my Trophy .. I DO LIKE THE MATT GREEN !!

As to the LED Lights that @Bricktop1967 has - two sets in basket .. 4 & Zs ..
Question is I wonder if I can I use a USB c to USB OTG Adapter for it to be plumbed ? As my iPhone uses my USB A port lol ....
Use the
To the inital question would I buy the 4 again - Nope !
Mine is perfectly Brill now & cant see me moving it on for quiet a few years - Its just getting better the more miles I do - Especially as the s/w has now been sorted v46 .. Would I upgrade to a X-Power .. HMMM now that's a tough one... ignore the depreciation of my Trophy .. I DO LIKE THE MATT GREEN !!

As to the LED Lights that @Bricktop1967 has - two sets in basket .. 4 & Zs ..
Question is I wonder if I can I use a USB c to USB OTG Adapter for it to be plumbed ? As my iPhone uses my USB A port lol ....
You can also get a multi USB head adapter.

give me boiled potatoes please - I do not like chips !
:eek:

I didn't know that was so profitable but he bought that Taycan and loaded it with all the extras in the book, which is a good way to get massive depreciation. £120,000 purchase price.
I remember my father (a car salesman for over 25 years) saying the optional extras on a car don't increase its trade in value although it might make it easier to sell.

Surely if you need to comprehend reading could you not just bring it up on google maps, it works for poole.:D
No idea what you’re talking about. I thought the thread asked would I buy an MG again
I started with Yes…
Don’t be worrying about my English gramma whatever I’ve a degree in it .

This forum software does annoy me. I post two quite unrelated posts in a thread, some time apart, and the damn software insists on combining them into one.

This forum software does annoy me. I post two quite unrelated posts in a thread, some time apart, and the damn software insists on combining them into one.
Im
Going for a coffee then I’ll be in a better mood anyway 😆

No idea what you’re talking about. I thought the thread asked would I buy an MG again
I started with Yes…
Don’t be worrying about my English gramma whatever I’ve a degree in it .
Stick end of wrong. I was replying to olliewebb, for reading try Reading (town) it was a skit against myself for pretending to read his post incorrectly.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back