Would you buy an MG 4 again?

Thinking out loud.........
If I was doing this again I would mount the rear lights in the same place as the front. I.E. Behind your legs (as per the front)
You might have enough wire length to run under the rear mat to do it?
Just thought it might look a slightly neater install.

Another tip.
Take the lights out of the packaging and hang them up for 24hrs.
Straightens out all the wiring. 👍

That's exactly the location I was thinking about this morning while cleaning the interior & going to use the USB port in the rear, no kids in the car so it's never been used.

I never even checked the length to be honest, but if it will go it, will look "cleaner" if you know what I mean.

Yeh and free at Aldi too only in the NW of England Maccys don’t have chargers neither do Aldi (Sefton at least don’t)

I hear you about the tyre pressure things but just pump them up a bit no?

I can’t even imagine the g force shooting off the lights, the MG4 SE is quite enuff for me 😆

My wife knows it's coming when I ask her "Shall we have some fun?

She always manages to say something though, despite the G Force! 🤣

Just in case you missed it.....

Yes.
So far so good.
Minor annoyance of turning off the LKA everytime, seriously overshadowed by all the positives of owning this car.

Excellent driving dynamics, extremely cheap to run and own.
Great to look at.
Easy to clean.(Matte paint specific)
I can power my home and charge up my battery bank with V2L.
(Completly off grid, Solar only)

Perfect size for the wife and I.
I find the interface quick and easy to navigate.
Smooth and quiet 99 percent of the time.
Unhinged nutjob for the other 1 percent.
(Please adjust percentages to suit your own personal taste 🤣)
Secretly enjoy all the "double takes" I get when out and about.

Cured the dark interior with LED courtesy lights, and a cheap and easy to fit set of LEDs from Amazon.
Choose any interior colour you want.
Lights up the front and rear footwells.

As I say, so far so good, but who knows what the future may bring?
I am in this for the long haul and expect to own this car for many years to come.

Lights can be fitted wherever you like.
Pictures below are my preference.

View attachment 21611
View attachment 21612
View attachment 21613

Winzwon Car LED Interior Lights, Gifts for Him Her, Car Accessories for Men Women, Car LED Strip Light with USB Port APP Control, Car Stuff Lighting Kits Decoration Car Atmosphere Lights https://amzn.eu/d/012XLQZ
Edit: If I was doing it again I would put the rear lights further back facing forward.
Ere! I like those mats 👀 👍

To the inital question would I buy the 4 again - Nope !
Mine is perfectly Brill now & cant see me moving it on for quiet a few years - Its just getting better the more miles I do - Especially as the s/w has now been sorted v46 .. Would I upgrade to a X-Power .. HMMM now that's a tough one... ignore the depreciation of my Trophy .. I DO LIKE THE MATT GREEN !!

As to the LED Lights that @Bricktop1967 has - two sets in basket .. 4 & Zs ..
Question is I wonder if I can I use a USB c to USB OTG Adapter for it to be plumbed ? As my iPhone uses my USB A port lol ....
Yes you can (usb adapter). I get the depreciation because my Skoda Enyaq dropped £10k in 5 months last year 🤢, I took it on the chin & bought the x power. Now I avoid autotrader (incase x power depreciated badly) and just enjoy my car.

Yep, I feel exactly the same. After the morning ritual (switch off auto-headlights; dial down front collision recognition to one bar instead of three; switch off – useless – sign recognition; switch off LKA; switch driving mode to “sport”), I thoroughly enjoy every aspect of the machine (apart from the climate control, but hey!), especially the driving dynamics, the regenerative braking and the comfort. Also the space – it’s a surprisingly roomy car for its size/shape, with loads of room for back-seat passengers. I’m also delighted to find that a year later, the MG4 is still way, way cheaper than any comparable model from anyone else (including BYD!) for a car with a highly competitive range of features. I’d certainly buy MG again.

Now if only I could find a reasonably priced towing hook combo, I’d be an exceptionally happy bunny!

They're great. Here you go.

3 days into owning Sleipnir? Yes, absolutely it is the right choice for us and we would buy it again, no hesitation.
I had the satisfaction of leaving a wannabe boy-racer in a BMW at the lights on the day of collection (not a thing I'd do often, but it was so worth it when he pulled up next to us and started revving hard), so I know it goes like stink if it should need to, and so far, although early days, we haven't found anything to dislike.

Turning the LKA off is rapidly becoming a habit, and the AC is just lovely.
I'm so glad I found this forum, though, so I was pre-warned about the foibles.

The amount of room back and front is fabulous, and there seem to be oodles of little nooks and crannies to put things in.

Had no problems with binding, our dealership were fab, and so far the app has been fine.
We'll be trying charging for the first time tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes, but forewarned is forearmed and all that, I think we'll be fine.

I'm currently being sat on by Jormungand. Who won't stop purring.

Yes, I know. Caliban and Jormungand. I obviously have a thing for monsters.

Last edited:
I had the satisfaction of leaving a wannabe boy-racer in a BMW at the lights on the day of collection (not a thing I'd do often, but it was so worth it…..

Always satisfying, especially when you have “stealth” performance but, word of warning, this doesn’t work with a Focus ST, as I found to my embarrassment 😳. I had to look its performance up after, didn’t realise how fast they are!

Always satisfying, especially when you have “stealth” performance but, word of warning, this doesn’t work with a Focus ST, as I found to my embarrassment 😳. I had to look its performance up after, didn’t realise how fast they are!
Would with an X Power. 😉🙂👍

My flute has been asking why he doesn't have a name. This is a problem.

The problem is that I have another flute and a baroque flute and a qena and about eight recorders, and they're not all getting names.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back