IF MG listened to their customers
IF MG customer services knew what they were doing
IF MG trusted the dealers to make the right call without holding their hands through the diagnostic process
IF MG made software updates OTA or at least made it easier for dealers to access them

Mine hasn't had any updates sincel last July and is still on R13, but my battery gauge is going amber somewere between 10% and 12%, inconsistently.

I found this

it explains that the battery should in fact go from green to yellow/orange to red depending on the charge status. For example if the battery was on 11% it should really show as red. But in my car (and from reading the other comments) the battery generally stays in the green status.

Maybe, when there is an update by MG it will sort this issue and the one where when you select One Pedal Driving every time you get in the car.

I found this

it explains that the battery should in fact go from green to yellow/orange to red depending on the charge status. For example if the battery was on 11% it should really show as red. But in my car (and from reading the other comments) the battery generally stays in the green status.

Maybe, when there is an update by MG it will sort this issue and the one where when you select One Pedal Driving every time you get in the car.

Yeah, as @siteguru said, she has got her info from members here, in fact from this very thread, so it's a bit circular.

I've come to realise with my MG4 is that it's like a spoilt child, what it should do it doesn't always do and what it shouldn't do it sometimes does.
I'm beginning to suspect that there may be some sort of intelligent (or in this case unintelligent) learning process in the ECUs and they keep arguing who's in charge and what they're doing today.
:cautious: :unsure::oops:

I've just had thus occur on collecting car from dealers for undertray bulge investigation part I ( not resolved) . Climbed in car, started 'er up, orange bar indicating 97% charge. Thought I'd check it when I got home as I was sure I'd read about it somewhere. Can't find anything in manuals ( hard copies), couldn't find it in forum, google search led me here - huzzah!! However, nothing in 'here' link on post #2.
Anyone, please ?

Not sure. I thought they'd just stuck it up in the air, look at it, agree there's nothing they can do about it - it's a feature, then park it up and tell me to come and collect it. I suppose there might be a policy of disconnect the battery whatever we're doing 🤔.
Having said all this, climbed back in the car to pop out again and it's gone back to green, so all good now .
Still be interesting to see the definitions of the different colours. Presumably does red/amber/green ?

Oops, looks like I missed my own thread when I collected up all the threads that had been started on this, and merged them. I will remedy this.

OK, merged. tl;dr, it's just a foible. Sometimes the amber colour that will show up for real if you go down somewhere around 10% charge just decides to come out to play at random.

Having driven a couple thousand miles since the update to R33 my SE SR is consistent:
At 10% the infotainment shows a message about low battery whether I want to turn on low battery mode.
At 8% both SoC bars (infotainment and driver display) turn orange
Bars are green at all other times

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums