I've just merged in the recently-created new thread to keep it all together.

Mine turns amber at 5%, I think someone got the decimal place a bit wrong on MG4!

Oh and the low battery warnings start at 21% and 11% - another classic 1-relative vs. 0-relative programming error. Pretty sure they are supposed to be at 20% and 10%.

That's more or less exactly the conclusion I've come to. And sometimes the amber colour comes out to play because it feels lonely. Someone said that the display goes amber at 50% and red at 10% on a different MG model. Maybe if we drove an MG4 down to 1% the tiny sliver of remaining battery would go red?

My car went amber once when it was quite well charged. Came back to the car after shopping and it was back to green.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine went amber at 100% charge once! I thought it was some sort of awful warning sign. But I asked around on here, found this thread, and when I got back to the car it was green again. The other time I saw it amber it actually flipped back to green in front of my eyes less than a minute later.

1699080182473.png

@bowfer why has he been banned what have I missed

He became very anti-MG, was vocal in his criticism of the cars, and was actively trying to persuade any new owner with an issue to reject their car. He refused to stop doing this. He was getting up a lot of people's noses with his negativity and had no intention of changing. So.

He became very anti-MG, was vocal in his criticism of the cars, and was actively trying to persuade any new owner with an issue to reject their car. He refused to stop doing this. He was getting up a lot of people's noses with his negativity and had no intention of changing. So.
I joined a cupra born group to see what they thought about there cars and I saw Bowfer on there, guess what he was doing? Moaning about his cupra born lol

He had a bad experience like myself with mg 4 but I am still open minded and want to help people with issues I had.

Bowfer was more like that to begin with, but he got worse and worse, and one or two new forum members who had just bought their cars left because he was taking the shine off their treasured new purchase. I think it was after one of these people said why he was going that the ban happened. It's one thing having the experience and assistance of someone who has been through these problems, but quite another when new members start leaving because of his attitude.

When I joined this forum I had my run ins with Bowwow and like most quickly came to the conclusion he? just liked an argument, so I ignored him. On his? departure I thought the same, have a look on the Cupra forum, but didn't as I considered it stalking, but if the same thing is happening there perhaps the ban could be rescinded as I'm sure many of us may like what is his? opinions on a viable alterative and may massage our egos on choosing the MG? He? could be thought of as a Father Jack figure who sits in the corner shouting obscenities to any one in earshot and occasionally gets poked with a stick (just to check) sometimes having some pearls of wisdom. Like Father Ted the forum / program is a bit less when the chair is empty, so dare I say it, Bring back Bowwow!

When I joined this forum I had my run ins with Bowwow and like most quickly came to the conclusion he? just liked an argument, so I ignored him. On his? departure I thought the same, have a look on the Cupra forum, but didn't as I considered it stalking, but if the same thing is happening there perhaps the ban could be rescinded as I'm sure many of us may like what is his? opinions on a viable alterative and may massage our egos on choosing the MG? He? could be thought of as a Father Jack figure who sits in the corner shouting obscenities to any one in earshot and occasionally gets poked with a stick (just to check) sometimes having some pearls of wisdom. Like Father Ted the forum / program is a bit less when the chair is empty, so dare I say it, Bring back Bowwow!
Haha yeah just to confirm I didn't go there to stalk him I was interested in the mg4 but went to other car forums to see if they equally moaned about there cars. That's when I stumbled upon him again lol.

It was quite funny as he was moaning about a few things with his car on the cupra forum but at that time he was still on this forum and telling us all how good the cupra was lol.

I think your father jack analogy is very accurate lol

:ROFLMAO:

I think we can safely assume he's a guy. Sometimes it's not difficult to tell at all.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back