Can't get CarPlay to work [SOLVED]

I think the front USB-A port is the only one that supports Carplay. The USB-C port will support a thumb drive. I have my music and a couple of videos on a 128Gb USB-C stick and it plays perfectly in the car (MG4 Trophy).
I’ve copied some tracks from iTunes onto a USB stick but the MG4 doesn’t recognise them. Any thoughts about getting the right format (i guess MP3) out of itunes?

iTunes tracks are usually M4A? MP3 will definitely work. The Navi manual (page 9) says the following are supported - MP3, AAC, WAV, APE, FLAC.

I’ve copied some tracks from iTunes onto a USB stick but the MG4 doesn’t recognise them. Any thoughts about getting the right format (i guess MP3) out of itunes?

I did a thread about ripping CDs to USB as mp3 using iTunes a while back. It definitely works, and it should work perfectly on a Trophy, as opposed to the workround you have to do to get it to play on the SE.

If you want wireless AA/CP, get a separate box that plugs into the USB A port. (e.g. Carlinkit 4.0). The MG4 doesn't have the hardware to support wireless AA/CP.
Also you need to wait until the screen has booted up before connecting the wireless adaptor I found or else the car didn’t see it and CP stayed greyed out.

What about wireless apple CarPlay? When will it be supported? My iPhone works well through the cable, and it also shows SAIC 1.0+ at settings/general/CarPlay/my car. However long-pressing the voice button on the steering wheel as instructed to get a wireless linkup does nothing
It isn't supported and MG have never mentioned that they will support it. Might come in a future model but not something you are ever likely to get in a software update.

What about wireless apple CarPlay? When will it be supported? My iPhone works well through the cable, and it also shows SAIC 1.0+ at settings/general/CarPlay/my car. However long-pressing the voice button on the steering wheel as instructed to get a wireless linkup does nothing
Probably never.

Do I understand correctly that Android works wirelessly as default?

Perfect thanks for confirming 👍
Stuart
I have exactly the same issue and message. I have ordered an Anker cable. Does anyone know if you have a name for the car and it’s not SAIC etc would that be a problem in connecting to car play.
Also has anyone hard wired a dash cam to an ev4 Trophy?

Like others bought an Anker cable Apple Car Play worked first time. Thank you for the recommendation .
I have been using carlinKit and it has sometimes taken 10 minutes of flickering and black screen before it connects. I was using cable that was supplied. Having read this post I thought I would try some other cables and was surprised to find it solved my problem with wireless CarPlay! Thanks.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back