Cleaning Matte Green Paint.

Yes.

I'm getting one made up for the car.

Out of interest where are you getting the touch-up paint ?

I sourced and bought two touch up sticks for my Camden Grey - one from Paintnuts and the other from AliExpress.

I tested them both out on a small cut out square of white paper and let them dry for 24 hours to check colour match. The Paintnuts one was very good ... the Ali-Express was far too light.

So may be worth checking the match before use to be safe 😊👍

Out of interest where are you getting the touch-up paint ?

I sourced and bought two touch up sticks for my Camden Grey - one from Paintnuts and the other from AliExpress.

I tested them both out on a small cut out square of white paper and let them dry for 24 hours to check colour match. The Paintnuts one was very good ... the Ali-Express was far too light.

So may be worth checking the match before use to be safe 😊👍

Great advice my friend.

Company called madpaints.

No faffing about with paintcodes.

Tap in your reg and off you go.👍

No it's a prewash, you should do a contact wash after using it, snow foam doesn't shift all the grime and grit

I know because that's what I do!

I'm asking him because I can't believe Snow Foam is enough to clean all the dirt/marks off the car.

Perhaps Autoglym Snow Foam is the Bollox?🤣

The stuff I use is certainly not good enough for me to get away without washing by touch.

I know because that's what I do!

I'm asking him because I can't believe Snow Foam is enough to clean all the dirt/marks off the car.

Perhaps Autoglym Snow Foam is the Bollox?🤣

The stuff I use is certainly not good enough for me to get away without washing by touch.
Even with my cars ceramic coating , snow foam is not enough, but just needs the minimum of contact washes with ceramic friendly shampoo.

Bilt Hamber Touchless (especially the new formula) is reportedly one of the best for pre washing. I've never heard of a completely touchless wash though - there's always some dirt left that needs a light wipe over with a washmitt / chenille noodle etc ... !! The trick is to be as light and gentle as possible.

Noticed my first stone chip on Thursday when washing, Chipex kit arriving on Monday 😱
20240226_143510_resized~2 2.jpg

I have the XPower in matte green as well.

My routine:

1. Jet wash with water.
2. Autoglym snow foam.
3. Wait for a few minutes then rinse with water.
4. Wipe lightly with a microfibre cloth to remove excess water.

When tar flecks or other more stubborn grubbiness appears I'll use finishing spray/tar remover and a microfibre cloth as required.

To be honest I want to avoid requiring perfection because it isn't available. The car will eventually have blemishes and I just want to keep it in decent condition without much effort.
Hi,
What tar remover product do you use? which is safe for matte paint?
thanks

Great advice my friend.

Company called madpaints.

No faffing about with paintcodes.

Tap in your reg and off you go.👍

Update

Received my touch up pen from MadPaints.

Dries to the exact colour of my car 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel