Colour?

Koops

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I saw this MG4 at a dealer yesterday. Can anyone advise what the colour and paint type is? I think it looks great, but is it simply Dynamic Red, or with a metallic option, or with a tri paint option, or something else? I’m seriously interested in this car. There’s an ad on the roof for some Auto Glym treatment: perhaps that’s why it looks so lovely? :)

Attachments

• IMG_3200.jpeg
    IMG_3200.jpeg
    563.8 KB · Views: 72
That is the normal Dynamic Red, same as mine. It looks great, if you're interested go for it. I'm nearly 9 months in, and over 7,500 miles so far. Loving it. There is a cermanic coating option from the dealer, but others have said you can get that done independantly at a better price.

Just zoomed in on the photo, it's a long range, so exactly the same as mine.

Have a look at the specifications between the standard and Trophy before definitely deciding.

Those of us who have the Trophy are glad we spent the extra whereas the SE owners are adamant they made the right choice but then wish it had this or that which are included on the Trophy such as reversing camera, auto folding door mirrors, better audio and heated seats.

I’m near you, I viewed the car in Trowbridge. Will be buying using salary sacrifice scheme. Deffo want long range, not sure about the trophy option though. What range are you getting, summer and winter?
Summer I was getting advertised range, and if I tried hard to max that out then I was getting up to 300.
Winter have seen a drop, and get about 220.
It depends on how you drive, and the type of journey. Lots of short journeys in winter really kill the range. Long journeys in winter get better efficiency and are closer to summer figures.

Have a look at the specifications between the standard and Trophy before definitely deciding.

Those of us who have the Trophy are glad we spent the extra whereas the SE owners are adamant they made the right choice but then wish it had this or that which are included on the Trophy such as reversing camera, auto folding door mirrors, better audio and heated seats.
The lack of rear speakers is the biggest thing missing from the SE as far as my family is concerned. I'm sat in the front, so not bothered. The heated seats, reversing camera is not stuff I need. I thought about it, and decided that the preheat function would serve just as well as heated seats that I had in my ICE car. It does, I love the preheat function. No more scraping car windows covered in ice, and the car is warm as soon as I get in.

The biggest annoyance and this applies to all the models is the infotainment. My solution to that was buying an Android AI box for providing wirless carplay with my phone, navigation and media playback.

360 camera did it for me, plus folding mirrors, heated seats, nicer upholstery (in my opinion) and more software features.

Summer I was getting advertised range, and if I tried hard to max that out then I was getting up to 300.
Winter have seen a drop, and get about 220.
It depends on how you drive, and the type of journey. Lots of short journeys in winter really kill the range. Long journeys in winter get better efficiency and are closer to summer figures.
My longest anticipated trip will be 200 miles each way so good if that only requires one charge en route even in winter 😊

The only thing I "miss" on the SE is the electric folding mirrors (needed to get into my garage). All the other stuff I've never had on a car so don't miss. I'd rather they'd added the mirrors than the rear screen wiper on my model.

I think the lack of heated seats is probably fine with the cloth seats. I put faux-leather seat covers on to protect them, and notice them still a little cold to sit on after using the pre-heat. But it's fairly momentary and not really an issue.

I was cross about the lack of electrically folding mirrors when I got the car but then I discovered the car would go into the garage without needing to fold the mirrors so that was OK.

I don't actually want the built-in satnav or the reversing camera and so on. I like the minimalist feel. I don't often have back seat passengers and if I do then the sound system is off anyway.

SE and Trophy have different software bugs, both apparently being sorted out. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

The only thing I "miss" on the SE is the electric folding mirrors (needed to get into my garage). All the other stuff I've never had on a car so don't miss. I'd rather they'd added the mirrors than the rear screen wiper on my model.

AGREED!!!

My longest anticipated trip will be 200 miles each way so good if that only requires one charge en route even in winter 😊

Same here, in the SE SR.

M4 M5 M6 but happy to run at 60mph ish if it means avoiding another charge, would prefer 70mph but I realise I might not make 200 miles in the winter then

I took my SE SR nearly 200 miles at Christmas to visit friends. Mostly M74/M6. I had the ACC set at 75 mph and I only needed one charge.

I saw this MG4 at a dealer yesterday. Can anyone advise what the colour and paint type is? I think it looks great, but is it simply Dynamic Red, or with a metallic option, or with a tri paint option, or something else? I’m seriously interested in this car. There’s an ad on the roof for some Auto Glym treatment: perhaps that’s why it looks so lovely? :)
Red

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel