EV opposition in the media is ramping up

It is difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff, in this case I would say the adjacent residents have concerns that are backed up by the fire service. They need to be fully addressed before construction, its not just that they are batteries, it is an industrial installation that needs to be fully risk assesed by an independant authority.
Having been the lead radiographer on the project team which built the MRI department at Weston General Hospital, the number of Health and Safety hoops you have to jump through, a shovel won't break earth before they've dotted all the "i"s and crossed all the "t"s. We even had to redesign the emergency helium vent in case a seagull decided to nest in it.

Having been the lead radiographer on the project team which built the MRI department at Weston General Hospital, the number of Health and Safety hoops you have to jump through, a shovel won't break earth before they've dotted all the "i"s and crossed all the "t"s. We even had to redesign the emergency helium vent in case a seagull decided to nest in it.
nothing beats a good quench, set off a few myself, a seagull nest wouldn't stand a chance.

ITV West news ran the story yesterday and it was quite positive, local jobs and attracting tech industries to the area. However, they had to do a "balanced" report, and interviewed a local yokel, a woman who told everyone who was watching that the batteries would go into landfill.

And in his piece to camera, the reporter mentioned that it wasn't certain that EV's were the way forward! Well, I suppose we'll just keep burning stuff until the planet dies screaming then shall we?!

nothing beats a good quench, set off a few myself, a seagull nest wouldn't stand a chance.
I would have been interested in seeing a seagull ice lolly. :)

And in his piece to camera, the reporter mentioned that it wasn't certain that EV's were the way forward! Well, I suppose we'll just keep burning stuff until the planet dies screaming then shall we?!
The reporter is obviously a Daily Mail reader of course ?.
Not “Sheet News” more like “Sheep News”.

So just got my welcome pack from the MG owners club (£2,500 of the price of my MG4 with affinity for £50.00 joining fee). Got to page 12, and.... Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_0952.jpeg
    IMG_0952.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 99
The article states, 'EVs will be powered by hydrogen'. A highly explosive gas, which is very difficult to store.
If ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.

@Robf

My impression of the MG Owners Club was that they were "more than a little dedicated" to their ICE vehicles! Perhaps for "dedicated" read "biased"!! ;)

The article states, 'EVs will be powered by hydrogen'. A highly explosive gas, which is very difficult to store.
If ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.

That's certainly a badly worded sentence. But if he thinks hydrogen fuel is going to be the ultimate replacement for petrol and diesel, I think he's in cloud cuckoo land.

The editors comment at the end says it all, "Thanks for those thoughts Chris, all very well made".

Really?

Do you think they can't charge at home? I'd be surprised if many cabs drove further than a couple of hundred miles in a day, so why would they need to use publich chargers much?
Good question - but it seems lots do! Maybe cab drivers are as likely to live in flats as anyone?

I'd have thought they of all people would have got some sort of overnight solutionn sorted out, lamp post chargers or something, but maybe this is just the ones who can't.

Fear, uncertainty and doubt (often shortened to FUD) is a propaganda tactic used in sales, marketing, public relations, politics, polling and cults. FUD is generally a strategy to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information, and is a manifestation of the appeal to fear.

A good example is the Daily Mails endless campaign against EVs and renewables. The initiative discussed on Fully Charged (which you posted the link on) is a strategy to counter this FUD.
Thanks - I was also clueless about FUD 😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom