I could find not one around
And as for toasted car parks
Unicorns are easier found

I planned to paint upon my door
A golden hieroglyph
To record each ev triumph
But found none and I’m bl~~dy miffed

Last edited:
Apparently the bus station in Bradford has been closed for several weeks and there's a bit of a mystery about it. No idea what it is, but Geoff Buys Stuff thinks they're getting electric buses and they're so heavy one fell through the floor.
On a serious note. They are probably installing induction coils so the buses can charge up while waiting.

You really are aiming low here.

'Heavy EVs cause tilt in earth's axis. Price of beer to increase as a result'
I don’t care about the earth tilting but price of beer going up? I’m going back to petrol/diesel 🤪

We have friends & family that right now have no interest in EVs, that might change in the future, it might not & that’s fine but it isn’t because of the media & the crap they put out daily ( not just about EVs )

Then there’s people that probably have the news channel on all day & believe every word of it, the kind of people that will see a EV bus pull up & rather than get on it they will decide to walk just incase the bus explodes 1 mile down the road.

Rumours, lies, urban myths, we are surrounded with them all the time, some we believe, some we dismiss, but in a way they all get into some partitioned part of our brains. On another thread I referenced Captain Pugwash and how for the last 50 years I was under the impression that the character names were different to the actual names, of course there was no internet then, so these "memories" come from playground chatter and second/third hand relayed information from adult newspapers of the time. Point is, that we believe what we want to believe, and until proved different that's the narrative. There is so much well-presented crap on the internet now, on all subjects, that sorting the wheat from the chaff is nigh impossible, so to believe the easiest most plausible even controversial answer is normal especially if flicking through channels with a short attention span given to each. Maybe (as a species) we'll get so blasé with it all, we don't believe anything; TV, internet , newspapers, neighbours, bloke in a pub. With the advent of the internet and social or is anti-social media the massive amounts of mis-information floating around is deafening, it's like going to a pub full of semi-cut louts all trying to be louder than the next lout. Which until a few years ago was where most of my base knowledge originated, them were days!

Last edited by a moderator:
On a serious note. They are probably installing induction coils so the buses can charge up while waiting.

The bus company seems to be being genuinely evasive about the reason, and I'm not sure why, if it was something as innocent as that. One suspects maybe some sort of goof or maladministration.

I was having one of my periodic spats with The MacMaster on Twitter this morning (he really is unhinged by the way) and for some reason I looked at the profile of an account that jumped in on his side of the argument.

It was a bot. I mean, obviously a bot. Now that's a wee bit interesting.

The EV opposition is part of the natural process of tech evolution. not to be taken too seriously - except that it is! happily it is part of dragging EV prices down which I personally very much welcome.

You know what this suddenly reminds me of? The crazy carry-on at the time of the 1999 eclipse.

That eclipse was quite extensive over Britain, though only Cornwall got the totality. Lots of people talking about the best way to watch it. Two crazy things happened.

1. Sensible advice not to look directly at the sun even when most of the disc was obscured got translated into an irrational fear of the eclipsed sun, as if it was emitting gamma rays or something. People (including my mother) ran indoors in fear when they realised the eclipse had started, because the warnings were so over the top.

2. Eclipse viewing "glasses" (they were cardboard and plastic), very dark sunglasses made for looking directly at the sun, were monstered in the media. There had been some warnings that if they were scratched then they could let in too much sunlight which could damage the eye. Fair enough, but I think adults are smart enough to realise when that has happened and look away immediately. But we had TV presenters seriously warning people off the things, tossing them away on-camera and so on. Sales were minimal. It was only when TV footage of crowds of people viewing the eclipse through these glasses in Europe (which got the eclipse a bit later than Britain) was shown at teatime that people realised how they'd been misled.

In fact someone at work where I was, in Sussex, had a pair, and passed them around. She was Irish, I don't know if that had anything to do with it. We were all standing outside, under this weird dark-blue sky, shivering with chill, with this apparently bright sun, which could be seen through the glasses to be merely a tiny crescent. It was amazing. But according to the BBC and all the newspapers these glasses were rubbish and shouldn't be used.

Lunch-time happened and I went home, because my mother was staying with me at the time. I found her cowering in the house in fear of the spooky, unearthly light. Thérèse had let me take the glasses home with me, as the eclipse was half over by this time, so I persuaded mum outside and got her looking at the sun through them. Still, it was hard to dispel the fear even by calm, careful explanations.

Last edited:
A sense of balance is always overlooked in the text books, and yet we have a very elaborate system in the ear for it. Without it, every time you take a step forward, you'd fall flat on your face.
True, but that can have a double meaning, those without a sense of balance are probably more irrational.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom