iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

Yes, I've just had the same. Forced to update. Mine won't even open! Have uninstalled the app, reinstalled it and I now can't re-register my details. Not having a good day.

Last edited:
My iSmart app has worked perfectly since MG Customer Service reset my login for me a few months ago.
This morning the app demanded an update to the latest version, forced me to download as no other buttons available on the existing app.
Since install the app freezes on the start screen, all white with MG logo in centre, no login option or any other features :(
Happy Christmas

I think this has been posted to the "wrong" forum area, sorry!

This area is for posts about "MG EV Unofficial App Support ...". This "unofficial app" was a user-created facility which predated the release of iSmart, which is the "official" MG EV app.

Perhaps a mod will move the thread, @Alb @Rolfe

Yes, I've just had the same. Forced to update. Mine won't even open! Have uninstalled the app, reinstalled it and I now can't re-register my details. Not having a good day.
You don't need to re-register details? Just login with existing user name (phone number without 00 or e-mail address, whichever you initially used at set up) and password

My iSmart app has worked perfectly since MG Customer Service reset my login for me a few months ago.
This morning the app demanded an update to the latest version, forced me to download as no other buttons available on the existing app.
Since install the app freezes on the start screen, all white with MG logo in centre, no login option or any other features :(
Happy Christmas
From what I've seen try deleting and reinstalling. Could help.

(and I must be lucky as hell as the app has never let me down once!...)

Yep I had to clear cache and clear data and log in fresh to get back in at all after today's 2.0.0 update, also seeing token errors on timeout and had to clear cache to get back in again

You don't need to re-register details? Just login with existing user name (phone number without 00 or e-mail address, whichever you initially used at set up) and password
OK, wrong terminology. Couldn't log back in. Tried umpteen times over course of an hour or so. It eventually let me after a couple of hours. I'm now in but it won't actually let me do anything in the app.

Hey

My MG app just updated on my iPhone.

After managing to finally get logged in it doesn’t seem to work.

First issue is it thinks my MG Facelift is a Marvel R.

Second issue is it doesn’t connect to the car. So no data or status information.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks

There's a big thread about the new app in the MG4 board. (On reflection that thread should probably be in this board).

I can't set a dark mode
Why would I wan't to navigate to a "Gas Station" in the navigation page?
I find it more com
1702915636440.jpeg
plicated and cluttered.
1702915617841.jpeg
1702915582002.jpeg

Yeah, not sure why dark skin has been removed - I preferred it 🤷 I couldn't find charging management at first. Will have to see how I get on with it over time, but if the app is more reliable, I'll be happy enough (sick of wanting to warm the car or defrost the windscreen on a cold morning and not being able to).

Agree It should have a dark mode, at least yours is working, five times today I have had to log in after receiving message login token expired!!!!
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App no difference,bring back the old App I had no problems with that one!!!!

From what I've seen try deleting and reinstalling. Could help.

(and I must be lucky as hell as the app has never let me down once!...)
Thanks CoolDudePT I'll give it a go when I finish work. I've been quite pleased with the app until this morning

Yep I had to clear cache and clear data and log in fresh to get back in at all after today's 2.0.0 update, also seeing token errors on timeout and had to clear cache to get back in again
Hi DenisP, Thanks for the suggestions, I re-downloaded from GooglePlay and my version is now 2.0.1 and working correctly

Just had another update to the app. It now works but display shows range in KM and not miles even though settings are shown as imperial. Oh well can't have it all I suppose.

Just had another update to the app. It now works but display shows range in KM and not miles even though settings are shown as imperial. Oh well can't have it all I suppose.
I beleive if you select metric, then imperial it should report in miles

Tried that, doesn't work, shows correct miles but display says km, probably a screen format thing. Also Digital key function returns an error. Don't use it though so no issue.

After downloading new version of iSmart (2.01) all I get is a blank black screen. (Have used previous version for over a year without problems (well just usual problems we all know about 🙄😁).
Has anyone else had similar problems with 2.01?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom