iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

What about this thread?

;)

That would be too unmanageable to try and merge (probably). :)

I merged all the threads in the MG4 subforum into one thread in that subforum, and all the threads in this subforum into one thread in this forum. I think we'd be on a hiding to nothing trying to move all discussion out of the MG4 subforum and into here - people would just see no appropriate thread in that subforum and start another one.

A lot of people don't read anywhere in the forum other than the part for their own car.

I went to use the App but it forced me to download the latest version (2.0.1). And now? err totally unusable ...standard error displays:- "The remote control instruction failed" & "Unable to get vehicle GPS". Reinstalled + clear cache etc, but no luck. Given the previous version worked (ok an occasional hiccup) I'd love to revert back, but it's not an option.... so MG app is now U/S. And how to report it?

That was quick action. I just reported an iSmart problem. They updated the next day :)
New version works well for me (so far). I think it is clearer with remote control.

So, I used to be able to tell my car I wanted to use it at 07:10 (or any other time) the updated app does not appear to have this functionality, or have they hidden it somewhere?

So, I used to be able to tell my car I wanted to use it at 07:10 (or any other time) the updated app does not appear to have this functionality, or have they hidden it somewhere?
Tap the battery % then the nut at the top right.

Last edited:
Well I not alone in this I can see that thanks all
Les
Morning Les, awoke this morning, tried the app. It hadn't logged me out with token error and all functions started working normally on my 5SE with version 2.0.1. I had been experiencing exactly the same issues as yourself. Hope yours is resolved soon.👴

yay, it looks like my app mis working ok too! I was getting well annoyed yesterday with all the logging in and info not loading all the time, but now it seems to be fine.

Morning Les, awoke this morning, tried the app. It hadn't logged me out with token error and all functions started working normally on my 5SE with version 2.0.1. I had been experiencing exactly the same issues as yourself. Hope yours is resolved soon.👴
Thank you Grandadgeorgec just seen your last post so tried mine again and hey presto it’s working so someone has done something overnight must have get a picture of my MG5 but it is still saying Marvel R on the home page that I can live with.Thanks again for the heads up.
Les

Thank you Grandadgeorgec just seen your last post so tried mine again and hey presto it’s working so someone has done something overnight must have get a picture of my MG5 but it is still saying Marvel R on the home page that I can live with.Thanks again for the heads up.
Les
Mine was doing the same. Just spotted if you click on it you can then edit and change it

Attachments

• IMG_4853.png
    IMG_4853.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 53
patience is a virtue think the storm is calming down i have a working APP! but no sign of heated seat function or battery heating if that's a thing? otherwise looks ok will know when i open it tomorrow at 4.30am to demist the car.

Mine was doing the same. Just spotted if you click on it you can then edit and change it
Thank you Simorgan 42 just done it now says MG5 just got to have another go at the MG4 again now showing right car this morning but app not working will try again when the wife gets home
Les

I've tried everything, installing app then reinstalling it, cleared cache etc. I cannot get the app to sign in at all. I even tried to register with another email address, still not joy! Really like my MG4 but oh boy the app is a nightmare!

MG ZS EV newbie here - just been upgraded (without my consent) to iSmart V.2.0.1 on iPhone and I can't find two pretty basic pieces of information:
  • battery percentage reading
  • charging status (charging or not)
These were obvious on the previous version? Where am I not looking?? TIA!

I have an MG5 but assuming it looks the same. The % is on the homepage and if you click it it shows you charge status.

Attachments

• IMG_4857.png
    IMG_4857.png
    473.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4858.png
    IMG_4858.png
    226 KB · Views: 38
App after update sucks. Still asks me to login, when i get into app, I cant bond my phone (samsung zfold 5) as it worked before update, i cant connect to my car (Marvel) at all. Terrible, no connection, very bad...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom