iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

It appears that there's a bug - at least as far as the MG5 is concerned.

Starting the AC using the ON/OFF button in the new app, the system ignores whatever temperature is set and just pushes out air on LO - so useless for preheating the car. Tried the old app, and it all works perfectly.

There seems to be a work round in that if you don't turn the AC on and use the right hand arrow to go to the HVAC screen, you can set the temperature and press SEND. When it's worked, it also turns on the AC at the temperature that you've just set.

So - what is the best place to report this bug?
Thanks the workaround works for me.👴

So I’ve had my upgrade done on the car a couple of days ago so far the phone seems to stay logged on the only great I have now is this where you have to log on your emergency collision probably not the right name but it’s where the car will brake in an emergency for you, now you have to set it if you want it on every time you start the car up which I think is crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the latest version of MG iSmart (2.02 that was automatically updated around 1 week ago).
I now have the internal car temperature frequently reported as 87 deg C when I first do a vehicle scan!
If I repeat the scan it reports the correct temperature (currently 9 deg. C).
Also I find that I often have to repeat the scan more than once in order to get the APP to update the current state of charge and estimated mileage, whereas the old iSmart APP didn’t have this issue (as far as I am aware).
Seems to me the new APP has more issues than the old!

I now have the internal car temperature frequently reported as 87 deg C when I first do a vehicle scan!
If I repeat the scan it reports the correct temperature (currently 9 deg. C).
Also I find that I often have to repeat the scan more than once in order to get the APP to update the current state of charge and estimated mileage, whereas the old iSmart APP didn’t have this issue (as far as I am aware).
Seems to me the new APP has more issues than the old!
Both the old and new App can incorrectly report the temperature and the sunroof status on the first pass of the health check.
One in the same !.
What sometimes works better is, when you open the front screen of the App, swipe down from the top of the screen, in order for it to refresh / reload.
This is because it stores the previous scan info.
Try doing the refresh, then run the health scan, it can be a little more accurate 🙄.

I can’t seem to get the scheduled battery heating to work with the new 2.0.2 app on iOS and my MG4 SE SR.
The manual override works but I wish I could schedule it in advance instead of setting up a reminder on my phone which is what I’ll have to do for the time being.

IMG_1593.jpeg
If you are saying you can't find the settings screen , tap the bolt at the top right of the EV management screen.
I can find the screen, but the setting doesn’t do anything. Scheduled charging from the app works, scheduled battery heating does not.
I logged out, cleared the cache, uninstalled the app, reinstalled and logged back in, I go to the scheduled heating screen and unlike the scheduled charging screen, it has forgotten my settings. No wonder it doesn’t work. It never sent it to the car or saved it on the server if it’s actioned remotely.

Since the update I can't even get into the app. I log in and it says welcome I smart and I need to bind my vehicle.

I try to bind and it says vehicle already binded, its as if its not picking up my account properly when I log in.

Phoned mg customer service and they said head office are aware of issues but don't know what or timescales yet.

Basically can't use any of the remote functions so it's redundant

So I’ve had my upgrade done on the car a couple of days ago so far the phone seems to stay logged on the only great I have now is this where you have to log on your emergency collision probably not the right name but it’s where the car will brake in an emergency for you, now you have to set it if you want it on every time you start the car up which I think is crazy
So it’s been a couple of weeks since the upgrade and the phone has stayed linked into the Bluetooth. Only on one occasion, did it fall out the emergency collision it’s still very frustrating. Another thing I’ve noticed since the last upgrade is that the radio doesn’t come on until you have to press the volume button up or down. There’s anyone else experience the same frustrating problem

In mine the radio/audio doesn't (usually) play until I press in on the right joystick. (i.e. press it rather than toggle it). This takes the audio from paused to play. (Prior to the latest updates it used to come on automatically. I don't mind either method, but I know @Rolfe will prefer the silent on start method). :)

I know @Rolfe will prefer the silent on start method). :)

I don't know why. I always had the radio on in my Golf and it came on when I turned the ignition key. I think it's the unexpected way it comes on in the MG4 at some random time after you sit down, and you can't mute it until it does that. I've often had passengers exclaim "what was that!"

So from reading there is no work around to get the new app to work with my car. I have logged out of both scanned the QR code to log in, which is does but all the remote features say that I need to bind my car. I then click bind and scan the QR code again only for it to continue to say “unbound”. This is hugely frustrating…

@Able25 From what you have said previously version 1 of iSmart worked for you. This means there is an iSmart account bound to the car and your problem is that you can't get iSmart v2 to connect to this account. Remember that it is your iSmart account which is bound to the car, not your phone. Your phone connects to the account.
I suggest:
  1. Checking the car is not asleep and has a good wireless signal.
  2. Forgetting about binding, QR codes etc.
  3. Uninstalling the iSmart app from your phone and reinstalling it.
  4. Entering the phone number or e-mail address that you used to set up the account originally. Do not use the leading zero for the phone number.
  5. Agreeing to the terms and conditions under the login button.
  6. The login button should turn blue. If it is still greyed out, some of the information entered is incorrect.
If the login button works, you have accessed your iSmart account. Check all the functions. They should show the car's details. If not, the problem is with the connection of your iSmart account to the car, not the connection of your phone to the your iSmart account

That is good advice above from Grriff may I just add I thing, once you have reloaded the app and put in your phone or email as described by Grriff it will say send press that and in a short time they MG will send you a text or email can’t recall which text I think it was with a 6 digit number return to the app and insert that number in the section called verification code and it should then work well that’s how mine was in both the MG5 and the wife’s MG4.
Les

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom