iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

Good luck. Just don't expect it to work faultlessly.
As I have posted previously, although the latest version of the App ( 2.0.2 ) works with some regard from my Apple IPhone 14.
It refuses to offer any local EV charging stations.
The only single offering, is a charger that is over 5,000 miles away from my home address.
So, today I thought I would try signing out of the App completely.
Then deleted the App and powered down the phone.
Restarted the phone and then installed the App again from the Istore.
Opened the App and signed in with my phone number ( as normal ) and password.
App came to life okay.
I was hoping that this would have given visibility to the local EV charging points.
NO - It still refuses to display any EV charging sites.
Also, now it refuses to display any local MG dealers etc.
Claims there is no data available !!!.
Only the local petrol stations which is of no use what so ever !.
So, deleting the App and reinstalling again has made matters even worse.
I have now less features than I had previously.
Had none of the problems with the old App.
Will have to wait until another update is released and hopefully that will help the situation, but I am not that confident TBH.
I had considered this, because there has been a number of updates released in such a short space of time, is it possible that there is some remaining items of the software still installed that could be causing a conflict ??.
This may account why the problem I have has deteriorated when I removed the App and reinstalled it ?????.
I value your opinions folks.

ISmart on iOS update this morning to 2.0.3. Something that I think is new is the internal temperature below the air con button.

Attachments

• IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
ISmart on iOS update this morning to 2.0.3. Something that I think is new is the internal temperature below the air con button.
My Android app updated this morning but still showing 2.0.2 versuon. However, I was previously getting cold air on screen defrost but today the frost was cleared as warm air now blowing. Hooray👴

My Android app updated this morning but still showing 2.0.2 versuon. However, I was previously getting cold air on screen defrost but today the frost was cleared as warm air now blowing. Hooray👴
I think the person responsible for the app development must have asked one of their kids to fix it. :)

Are they conducting a phased roll out of latest version of 2.0.3 I wonder 💭.
Because I have checked for this update twice today and it reports that I am running in the latest version 2.0.2. already ?.
iPhone 14 just saying 👍.

Because I have checked for this update twice today and it reports that I am running in the latest version 2.0.2. already ?.
iPhone 14 just saying 👍.
If you're in the UK. it should be 2.0.3 with iPhone 14 Pro, just saying ! LOL

I just noticed that my car status says "engine" status: stopped. And the icon beside it looks a bit like an engine block.

I didn't think my car had an engine...

iPhone 14 just saying 👍.
I’m with you Jeff 2.0.2 this is the latest version
IMG_6476.png
it says so across the bottom of the screen iphone13
Les

I’m with you Jeff 2.0.2 this is the latest versionView attachment 22940 it says so across the bottom of the screen iphone13
Les
I did the same thing as you and got the same response.

Then i went to the App Store and saw there is an update pending so just ran it. Now I am on 203

Attachments

• IMG_4990.png
    IMG_4990.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 25
The in-app update has never worked for me - even when the store shows that an app update is available.

Ergo, rely on the store not the app. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom