iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

Got a 700 mile round trip to do, and surprise surprise, the app isn't working 🙄 It's been down for days. Who knows when it'll be back again. I know all the tips n' tricks, but when it's down, it's down and we are at the mercy of MG servers. There is no doubt this is the single most unreliable app I have ever used for anything. It even blocks my Ohme charger sometimes. Love the car; hate the app.

Got a 700 mile round trip to do, and surprise surprise, the app isn't working 🙄 It's been down for days. Who knows when it'll be back again. I know all the tips n' tricks, but when it's down, it's down and we are at the mercy of MG servers. There is no doubt this is the single most unreliable app I have ever used for anything. It even blocks my Ohme charger sometimes. Love the car; hate the app.
I know it doesn’t help buts it’s working for me at the moment. Hopefully yours is working now.

When I had my Hyundai Kona, the app was down for 3 months!
Lots of emails to the boffins in Germany and many attempts to get it working. They eventually found an error in the logs which indicated there had been an authentification error which had screwed up the car's connection to the server.

I presume they're asking about the ZS EV (per their profile ... turn your phone sideways to see poster details). But I've no idea what wind means in their question.

Could be ... and Snow mode is known for setting regen to level 1 (to minimise the risk of the rear wheels locking in icy conditions due to excessive braking force).

I would turn regen off completely to drive in snow or very slippery conditions, if it were possible

Last edited by a moderator:
My app hasn’t been working for the past 3 days. It makes it difficult to know when it’s finished charging.
Does anyone know if mg can be contacted regarding this.

My MG iSMART app used work but ever since I attempted an update a few months ago it hasn't connected to the car (MG ZS EV Trophy Connect - Nov 2022) successfully. If I open the app it prompts me "To bind". From what I've gathered in the thread, it doesn't appear to be a good option to follow the bind process, but what else can I do? Do I need to contact my MG dealership for assistance?
I checked in settings for the app version. V2.0.2

It (probably) means you've managed to login using the wrong details, so that account doesn't have any car bound to it.

Logout and then login again using the very first login details you used when creating your account. If it was an email address, use that - if a phone number, use that.

Remember that a car is bound to an account, not a device.

So, I'm safe to try to bind again to the car, as long as I use the correct login?

NO! You've misunderstood my post ... you shouldn't NEED to bind the car again, as it is ALREADY BOUND to your original account. (In fact you shouldn't be able to bind again, BECAUSE it is already bound).

Simply login using your original details* - email or phone number, whichever you FIRST used - and you car should ALREADY BE THERE. :)

* it is possible that you may need to use the Forgot Password mechanism if the login doesn't work at first. And don't forget to tick the box at the bottom of the login screen.

NO! You've misunderstood my post ... you shouldn't NEED to bind the car again, as it is ALREADY BOUND to your original account. (In fact you shouldn't be able to bind again, BECAUSE it is already bound).

Simply login using your original details* - email or phone number, whichever you FIRST used - and you car should ALREADY BE THERE. :)

* it is possible that you may need to use the Forgot Password mechanism if the login doesn't work at first. And don't forget to tick the box at the bottom of the login scree
I have provided two sceenshots from the MG iSMART app to show the situation I find myself. It only gives me the option "To bind". In the second attachment it tells be that it's "Unbounded" and advises me to "Bind to your car, start a customized trip". I don't see an option to just login. Can you help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240402-162230_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402-162230_MG iSMART.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240402-162208_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402-162208_MG iSMART.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 15
Since it "upgraded" to version 2.0.2, it won't work at all on my Android ORIO phone, despite it saying that it is compatible. Just get a black screen with a white bar at the top. All previous versions worked OK.
Hoping that the next version will fix it, but I'm not holding my breath.
Does anyone know how to downgrade to a previous version?

I have provided two sceenshots from the MG iSMART app to show the situation I find myself. It only gives me the option "To bind". In the second attachment it tells be that it's "Unbounded" and advises me to "Bind to your car, start a customized trip". I don't see an option to just login. Can you help?
You need to logout* first, and then log back in with the very first details you used when creating your account. (I'm assuming that you've previously been able to see your car in the app, before the app updated).

* In the app, click the "face" icon on the right then click the big blue Logout button at the bottom.

Which car do you have? Does the car give you any info about it being bound to an account? Can you see any user account name/details in the car screen?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom