MG ZS EV Charging via granny charger and outside socket only ?????????

I tried mine a couple of days ago, and once discharge has started, could turn the car off and lock it. I then mowed both our lawns, so it remained on for quite a while. I checked the 12v voltage on the app from time to time, and I could hear the DC>DC converter relay click in and boost the 12v battery - I’m not sure if it was automatic, or caused by me communicating with the car via the app.
The car did look like it wasn’t going to let me switch off and discharge, with an overlayed “Chinglish” message saying something about needing vehicle on to use this facility, but it worked fine, and of course the DRLs were off as well.

I tried mine a couple of days ago, and once discharge has started, could turn the car off and lock it. I then mowed both our lawns, so it remained on for quite a while. I checked the 12v voltage on the app from time to time, and I could hear the DC>DC converter relay click in and boost the 12v battery - I’m not sure if it was automatic, or caused by me communicating with the car via the app.
The car did look like it wasn’t going to let me switch off and discharge, with an overlayed “Chinglish” message saying something about needing vehicle on to use this facility, but it worked fine, and of course the DRLs were off as well.
I have done this vacuuming the car. But if I turned off the vaccum and left it for few minutes and then tried to turn it back the discharge connection had stopped. I would then have to turn the car back on, start the.discharge process again, before switching the car off again whilst keeping the vaccum switched on. Also based on some earlier threads I dont know if the 12v battery is being run down to power the vacuum when the car is switched off and discharging or if the power is coming from the main HV battery.

I have done this vacuuming the car. But if I turned off the vaccum and left it for few minutes and then tried to turn it back the discharge connection had stopped. I would then have to turn the car back on, start the.discharge process again, before switching the car off again whilst keeping the vaccum switched on. Also based on some earlier threads I dont know if the 12v battery is being run down to power the vacuum when the car is switched off and discharging or if the power is coming from the main HV battery.
The 12v battery controls everything in the car so while V2L is in use the 12v is being used to run all the control units and contactors.

The HV battery literally just powers the drive train and HV battery heater, and is used by the OBC to power devices by V2L but the actual control modules for this and contactor are 12v

The 12v battery controls everything in the car so while V2L is in use the 12v is being used to run all the control units and contactors.

The HV battery literally just powers the drive train and HV battery heater, and is used by the OBC to power devices by V2L but the actual control modules for this and contactor are 12v
I understand the control bit being run by the 12v battery but I don't know whether the power going through the to vaccum attached to the V2L cable ( MGs official one ) is coming from the 12v battery or the HV battery.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom