MG4 Charging port lights stopped working

I hesitate to say this without checking, but on mine for quarters that are fully charged the green is solid and the quarter in progress slowly throbs. I'll check next time I charge.

That's what does happen ... the quadrant representing the current SoC state whilst charging will pulse.

The behaviour of the lights seems to vary depending on which car module updates people have.

Mine are white / light grey before communicating with the charger, bright blue when communicating and bright green when charging.

Just happened to me. Charging LEDs all off....
No problems fixing stuff on cars including simple fuse stems cleaning.
Says fuse box "behind the driver side knee trim panel"
Fuse boxes should be easily accessible to change fuses.
For the life of me I can't see it or see how to access it hidden behind some panel.
Those folks who've done this - what are the required steps?

The video is in #26 of this thread, top brown fuse

Missed it :)
Thanks - will try tomorrow...

Once you know how to access the fuse box it's not too bad - just need trim tool to easily remove cover.
Anyways. did not disconnect battery.
Simply removed fuse, used pencil rubber to clean the 3 fuse legs and re-inserted about 60 secs after removing.
Charging LEDs are back on again...

Personally, I think the cleaning is probably unnecessary, taking the fuse out almost certainly just does a number one fix on a subsystem the control's the lights - ie number one fix, turn it off and on again.

Once you know how to access the fuse box it's not too bad - just need trim tool to easily remove cover.
Anyways. did not disconnect battery.
Simply removed fuse, used pencil rubber to clean the 3 fuse legs and re-inserted about 60 secs after removing.
Charging LEDs are back on again...
Glad it's sorted

Personally, I think the cleaning is probably unnecessary, taking the fuse out almost certainly just does a number one fix on a subsystem the control's the lights - ie number one fix, turn it off and on again.

Glad it's sorted
Tend to agree about no need to clean legs. Did it simply because I pulled the fuse and only takes 15 secs.
So it all does point to the software bug and powering-off of the LED circuit resets the relevant bit of software.

Tend to agree about no need to clean legs. Did it simply because I pulled the fuse and only takes 15 secs.
So it all does point to the software bug and powering-off of the LED circuit resets the relevant bit of software.
Sounds about right! I reset my non functioning charge port lights by briefly disconnecting the 12V battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same problem during my second week of ownership....
Have only had the issue once.
It occurred when I reset and reprogrammed the charge request via the Ohme app. Seems to have confused the MG4 brain.
Lights worked next charge and have done ever since!
My MG dealership did check everything a couple of weeks ago.
Have to say that the service guy I spoke with at length before the vehicle was checked was extremely knowledgeable and positive.

Mine had stopped working after a recent update, but thanks to the info in this thread, now working again. 👍

I used a little squirt of contact spray on the fuse to ease it back in.

Nearly dropped the bugger, putting it back, even with the long nose pliers!

20240414_122303.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel