MG4 Rival ?

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Tesla are bringing out a new small model, rivalling the MG4.
Do we trust Tesla build quality over MG ?

Can Tesla be any worse than overfilled gearboxes, wonky undertrays and hopelessly balanced wheels from the factory?

Well, Tesla has just started delivering the Semi, FIVE years after its launch event. There’s no sign of the new Roadster, promised to deliver in 2020. The Cybertruck will apparently start production next year, after a 2019 launch event (4 years later).

So, call me Mr. Picky by all means, but I will not hold my breath about their new small car. Maybe we’ll be amazed and surprised, that would be good, I like Teslas, just not their price.

I have the gen 1 zs ev, test drove the mg4 twice lovely car. I didn't like that the interior was do dark the fact that driver presets don't keep as you set them. I have driven 36000 miles without any problems only had to fill screenwash. But I am looking at a 3 year old model 3 a good one with under 30000 miles on are low 30's now, and the added bonus if the super charge network, anyone else looking at the model 3?

I have the gen 1 zs ev, test drove the mg4 twice lovely car. I didn't like that the interior was do dark the fact that driver presets don't keep as you set them. I have driven 36000 miles without any problems only had to fill screenwash. But I am looking at a 3 year old model 3 a good one with under 30000 miles on are low 30's now, and the added bonus if the super charge network, anyone else looking at the model 3?
@Jester27 recently did exactly this and bought one. Not sure if he’s still hanging around here but there’s information on one of the rejected car threads.

I don't understand people's obsession with the Tesla chargers? In the early days maybe,but now there is more choice.
I suppose it depends what you have near you. Very few down here, so that’s not a big selling point. For long journeys it would be nice.

My problem is I just don’t believe in spending large amounts on a car. I am way outside my comfort zone spending £30k on a new MG4. Driving is not my main interest and not something I need to do for work.

But as a 2nd hand owner how many of the features do you lose and have to pay for again because Tesla seems to want to convince everyone a Car as a Service is actually a thing and you don't get what the previous owner paid for.

I'm no Tesla fan boy and until the MG4 never cared much for MG but based on what I have seen thus far, Tesla from a distance and detached and MG really invested due to my interest in MG4, I'll give this one to Tesla.

Fair enough, but I'm expecting my mid-life crisis in 2025.🤪
My brother had one of those, a mid-life crisis, and bought a Mercedes SLK. He drove it for a couple of months until his misses decided she looked better in than he did. He ended up with a used Volvo 🤣

My brother had one of those, a mid-life crisis, and bought a Mercedes SLK. He drove it for a couple of months until his misses decided she looked better in than he did. He ended up with a used Volvo 🤣
Typical eh lol

I don't understand people's obsession with the Tesla chargers? In the early days maybe,but now there is more choice.
I have never visited a fast charger and charged right away, always queues, or broken chargers, most service stations have 2 chargers, not enough.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back