MG4: The New Batch

i didn't get one ! should it be given or asked for

They should give you one,

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 21.01.07.png

I took delivery of my orange Trophy yesterday, COC states manufacture date as 24/08/22, it doesn't have the driver alert sensor thank goodness but I do unfortunately still have a underbody air scoop which tbh I was expecting!

Will be keeping a close eye on the rear diff for any leaks but fingers crossed 🤞, also the infotainment software ends with R29 so not quite the latest I don't think if anyone is in the know?

Apart from that extremely happy with it, used the checklist and all plastics were in position etc.

Cheers

Collected mine on Saturday. I believe it arrived in country on the 7th. Came with privacy glass, no apparent oil leak and a bonus under-body air scoop.
Is there a picture of the under-body air scoop to look for? I don't know what that means

Is there a picture of the under-body air scoop to look for? I don't know what that means

Example below of my car taken from in front of the o/s rear wheel looking towards the n/s rear wheel. Zoom towards the area of undertray in line with the right of the wheel. You can see through the gap to the motor/gearbox, it measured about 15mm in height by about 700mm across. This was missed on the PDI by the supplying dealer but resolved by my local dealer the excellent Paul Rigby in Redditch.
IMG_20221013_115039.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure this is useful to anyone in the same situation as me or will just annoy you further.
My orange trophy has been in the country since the 24th. I know this as a friend of a friend works at Bristol docks and has sent me actual photos of the car (by using the VIN number). Since then the car has moved to a different compound at Bristol and has been 'awaiting transport' since Halloween. My dealer told me they get 24 hours notice of the car coming in and two emails to MG from my dealer have said 'next few days'. I had a black trophy for end of September and it was only due to my friend at the dock who went and found that car that I found out it was a SELR model. This has been a frustrating wait but my friend said there are still loads of MG4s in the compound waiting to be delivered so they are coming......probably

Example below of my car taken from in front of the o/s rear wheel looking towards the n/s rear wheel. Zoom towards the area of undertray in line with the right of the wheel. You can see through the gap to the motor/gearbox, it measured about 15mm in height by about 700mm across. This was missed on the PDI by the supplying dealer but resolved by my local dealer the excellent Paul Rigby in Redditch.
Out of interest, how did they resolve it?

Not sure this is useful to anyone in the same situation as me or will just annoy you further.
My orange trophy has been in the country since the 24th. I know this as a friend of a friend works at Bristol docks and has sent me actual photos of the car (by using the VIN number). Since then the car has moved to a different compound at Bristol and has been 'awaiting transport' since Halloween. My dealer told me they get 24 hours notice of the car coming in and two emails to MG from my dealer have said 'next few days'. I had a black trophy for end of September and it was only due to my friend at the dock who went and found that car that I found out it was a SELR model. This has been a frustrating wait but my friend said there are still loads of MG4s in the compound waiting to be delivered so they are coming......probably
This is great information. My dealer told me that they have no visibility of cars waiting for transport or on tansport. Mine docked on 22nd Oct and he said they have had some cars but its pot luck where your car was loaded and offloaded on the ship. There are hundreds and only 9 per transporter

This is great information. My dealer told me that they have no visibility of cars waiting for transport or on tansport. Mine docked on 22nd Oct and he said they have had some cars but its pot luck where your car was loaded and offloaded on the ship. There are hundreds and only 9 per transporter
There will be even more soon. The Morning Lily docks tonight and the Stena Eba docks on Monday. Someone on here posted a picture of the MG’s being transported on the Ebba.

Later on next week another ship, Tombarra, docks. I am pretty certain that this one will have MG’s on board as it sailed from Lianyungang.

There will be even more soon. The Morning Lily docks tonight and the Stena Eba docks on Monday. Someone on here posted a picture of the MG’s being transported on the Ebba.

Later on next week another ship, Tombarra, docks. I am pretty certain that this one will have MG’s on board as it sailed from Lianyungang.
hopefully they join the back of the queue!

OK, so I have the undertray problem. What's the latest? Does it need immediate attention?
View attachment 12614
Contact dealer and inform them of the issue. Include photos if possible. Safe to drive sensibly but will need replacement part going forward. The dealership will probably want to physically examine it ASAP.

Contact dealer and inform them of the issue. Include photos if possible. Safe to drive sensibly but will need replacement part going forward. The dealership will probably want to physically examine it ASAP.
Thanks. BTW what is this?
tray2A.jpeg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums