MG4: The New Batch

Had a phone call today saying the status has changed to "December" delivery. No more details, no exact date. So I was informed that I would be getting an email to complete the finance very soon and then pick the car up soon after that. Yes its a big vague but at least it seems things are happening.

I ordered an Orange Trophy end of Sep.

Put a deposit down on a black SE SR November 20th, arrived at dealer today, collect next week. Dealer had a few additional allocated cars, a few SE SR and a black Trophy, to be registered by end of December.

Had my weekly call from the dealer to say not yet but more expected next week. I am appreciating the proactive contact although the message seems always to be the same. We were not promised until January, so earlier would be a bonus.

Well for me the wait is over. I picked up My trophy in Black this morning and all seems well, No TPS issues …so far. No oil leak…..so far, no bulges underneath….so far. Nice granny charger but no mats or even a mug supplied, However, i can't get the sat nav to switch on, it says it needs permission from the app or in settings and i can't find out what to do anyone seen a thread on this?
Please share pics! There don't seem to be that many black around. I also have a black Trophy on order.

I see there's a few orange trophy's available from dealers on Facebook, some not even far away from me.
I now am having the thought of jumping from my local dealer to another, not sure what to do...

I see there's a few orange trophy's available from dealers on Facebook, some not even far away from me.
I now am having the thought of jumping from my local dealer to another, not sure what to do...

Do it. Just be careful that they actually have the car in stock rather than just a promise of one sometime.
I feel for dealers - they aren't able to order into a queue for a particular spec, they just get allocated a random selection of spec from each ship by MGUK. So although they want an Orange Trophy to sell to you that might be allocated to a different dealer and they might get my Blue SR which is no use to them. 😱

Looks like i spoke too soon as the Tyre pressure sensors are playing up.

looks nice with the frost on the bonnet

Attachments

• 20221208_090634.jpg
    20221208_090634.jpg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20221208_090622.jpg
    20221208_090622.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 124
Either way, deflate all the tyres by, say 5+ psi, then reflate them all to 37 psi. Then go for a drive for a few miles. :)

(The sensors can sometimes "stick", so the deflate/reflate might knock them back into action).

its come up as abnormal on one tyre (rear left) but pressure is the same as the rest!
I had exactly the same on a Zoe this morning. Bit odd. I'm ignoring it for now hoping it will sort itself out.

Had an update email from my dealership saying they have landed two Orange Trophy’s from MG if anyone is interested.
Richard Hardie Silverlink Newcastle Upon Tyne. Ask for Martin Ball.
0191 2623300
All well and good saying they've landed, but my dealer has been telling me that for a couple of weeks and last week told me of the bottleneck at the port due to no HGV drivers. Mine's still there, enjoying the sea (well, river really) air!

All well and good saying they've landed, but my dealer has been telling me that for a couple of weeks and last week told me of the bottleneck at the port due to no HGV drivers. Mine's still there, enjoying the sea (well, river really) air!
I asked him about issue with HGV drivers Bernie.
He said it’s all been sorted!!!
I hope his middle name isn’t Pinocchio

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums